PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] Aspect ratio switching not working

captain jack
16-04-14, 12:37
Hello,

I have flashed build Zeus 023 yesterday to my Uno but have an issue with 4:3 content. No matter what settings I use in AV settings, I cannot get 4:3 content to stretch to 16:9 size. This wasn't an issue in the older release (750).

Also, on a related note, I have an AspectRatioSwitch 0.8 plugin to which I assigned the Stop button on the remote to switch between ratios with a single button press. However, whenever I try to switch the aspect ratio, Enigma2 crashes (log attached). Looks like it's not recognising the setAspectRatio method... I guess there's a new AVSwitch module?

Er... help?

Thanks
CJ

andyblac
16-04-14, 12:41
Hello,

I have flashed build Zeus 023 yesterday to my Uno but have an issue with 4:3 content. No matter what settings I use in AV settings, I cannot get 4:3 content to stretch to 16:9 size. This wasn't an issue in the older release (750).

Also, on a related note, I have an AspectRatioSwitch 0.8 plugin to which I assigned the Stop button on the remote to switch between ratios with a single button press. However, whenever I try to switch the aspect ratio, Enigma2 crashes (log attached). Looks like it's not recognising the setAspectRatio method... I guess there's a new AVSwitch module?

Er... help?

Thanks
CJ

that plugin is not compatible with vix.

captain jack
16-04-14, 12:45
Well, it worked with the older Vix release - is there anything similar for the current build? Forgetting the plugin, how can I get 4:3 content stretch to 16:9?

Edit: it seems that Zeus is picking up 4:3 content as 16:9.. which is why I can't stretch it. Similar has been reported here - http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37031-Zeus-4-3-being-picked-up-as-16-9&highlight=aspect

MarsArtis
16-04-14, 14:47
that plugin is not compatible with vix.

Andy do you mean that aspectratio plug is not compatible with Zeus?
I've been using it on vix 3.0 with no problems at all

Trial
16-04-14, 14:58
Hi,
a similar function is included in ViX for several month now. Keep in mind that it only works for SD material at least when it comes from sat.

ciao

captain jack
16-04-14, 15:08
a similar function is included in ViX for several month now. Keep in mind that it only works for SD material at least when it comes from sat.

What's function and where can I find it?

Trial
16-04-14, 15:22
Hi,
you already showed the page. I personally do not like just scaled and it does not work for HD material. Did you try HD or SD?

ciao

captain jack
16-04-14, 15:28
4:3 doesn't really exist in HD... so in SD. Problem is that cycling through 4:3's options does nothing to the 4:3 picture. The only thing that makes any difference is option "Just scale" under 16:9... even though the picture is 4:3!

Also, I want to switch between aspects by pressing a single button on the remote without rummaging through menus - is there such a feature already built in?

Trial
16-04-14, 19:07
Hi,
OK one button cycle is not included I think.

ciao

captain jack
19-04-14, 13:37
OK, sorry guys, but had to go back to build 750 because of this issue... A few months old but it works perfectly!