PDA

View Full Version : Need help with setting up remote access to the box

djanzi
16-04-14, 08:09
Hi,

I need some help with setting up remote access to vu+duo box so i can watch tv when i'm away from my home network on apps on my andriod or through the net on a laptop.

I've followed the guides on here for remote set up and I've gone as far to setting up an account with dny.com and forwarded the relevant ports from my router and changed setting on my box accordingly. I can actually connect to the main page where i can browse channels but when i try to stream (tried several apps such as vlc) I keep getting an error message on apps and from the net. I can log in with my username and password but I'm stuck now and in need of help...

Can anyone help me please? Your help will be much appreciated! :thumbsup:

pat
16-04-14, 12:12
Firstly if you have ADSL forget it because it takes a large amount of bandwidth, if you have BT infinity or another VDSL solution it might work but unless you are on an unlimited package it will chew up your allocation. First get it working whilst you are connected to the same network rather than remote. If it does not work on your laptop turn off the firewall and see if that is the problem. I can stream out of my Enigma box fine, but only when connected with a cable. I use VLC media player. Sometimes it does not work the first time and freezes but on the second go its fine.

Trial
16-04-14, 12:18
Hi,
in addition to your upload which should be 10MBit or more you must also forward port 8001. Did you do that?

ciao