PDA

View Full Version : No audio after boot/reboot

2stein
15-04-14, 22:37
Hi, just installed the latest Zeus image and have a problem with sound.
After booting from power-off or rebooting the box or rebooting enigma2 I have no sound. I have to go into standby and back on to get sound.
Any help?
Thanks.
P.S. I just have an HDMI connection for video and audio.

Andy_Hazza
15-04-14, 22:42
Its a driver issue I think. If you change to a sd channel or vice versa it will bring the sound back.

2stein
15-04-14, 22:45
Its a driver issue I think. If you change to a sd channel or vice versa it will bring the sound back.
Well, yes changing to an SD channel most of the time brings sound back.

Larry-G
15-04-14, 22:48
No, changing the channel doesn't bring sound back.
And it used to work fine with the "old" image.

This has been a known driver bug for 4 plus years, all the way back to the launch of the Duo, although it does not always show all the time, for some reason it seems to have resurfaced again with the last few sets of drivers.

2stein
15-04-14, 22:52
This has been a known driver bug for 4 plus years, all the way back to the launch of the Duo, although it does not always show all the time, for some reason it seems to have resurfaced again with the last few sets of drivers.
Well, with the old image I just saw the problem when rebooting enigma, but not when I booted the box or rebooted the box.
With Zeus it shows up all the time when I boot or reboot.

Larry-G
15-04-14, 22:53
Well, with the old image I just saw the problem when rebooting enigma, but not when I bootet the box or rebootet the box.
With Zeus it shows up all the time when I boot or reboot.

It's still a driver bug.

2stein
15-04-14, 22:55
It's still a driver bug.
probably.
But why doesn't it show up, when going into standby and back on? could also be kind of an initialization problem, no?

Rob van der Does
16-04-14, 06:53
Drivers are closed source, so we have no insight whatsoever in what happens why.

DaMacFunkin
16-04-14, 07:59
Updating to the latest drivers on my solo2 did this every time I turned on from normal standby, yes switching to
A channel with MPEG audio and then back again solved the problem, but unplugging the hdmi cable and forcing a re-handshake seems to have solved it properly

2stein
16-04-14, 08:07
Updating to the latest drivers on my solo2 did this every time I turned on from normal standby, yes switching to
A channel with MPEG audio and then back again solved the problem, but unplugging the hdmi cable and forcing a re-handshake seems to have solved it properly
unplugging the hdmi-cable once solved it forever?

hammyboy
16-04-14, 08:13
Hi, just installed the latest Zeus image and have a problem with sound.
After booting from power-off or rebooting the box or rebooting enigma2 I have no sound. I have to go into standby and back on to get sound.
Any help?
Thanks.
P.S. I just have an HDMI connection for video and audio.
i found this also when 1st upgrading to zeus(think i originally put on 016).
i got sound back by changing menu>system>a/v settings>3d surround to hdmi.
i am currently on 023 so i think changing the above setting once may cure your problem but wont be able to tell for definite until doing next update.

2stein
16-04-14, 08:46
i am currently on 023 so i think changing the above setting once may cure your problem but wont be able to tell for definite until doing next update.
that sounds promising. thanks a lot for the info. will try tonight.

Maxwell
16-04-14, 09:20
unplugging the hdmi-cable once solved it forever?

No it won't it has been an intermittent bug with the VU drivers since 2010

DaMacFunkin
16-04-14, 19:05
I swear since I re hand shaked the box and the tv following the latest driver update it hasn't happened...
?

Rob van der Does
16-04-14, 20:03
But for others it did.

2stein
17-04-14, 12:11
thanks a lot, that fixed the issue.

2stein
22-05-14, 11:36
just a quick update: haven't seen this problem on a duo2 yet.