PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800UE+] Missing Channels after full scan

martin20009
15-04-14, 22:12
Hello,

I am having issues service scanning. Basically i only find 200 channels. I have had this with the atv image which thanks to guys here I flashed an older version and fixed it.

I would love to come back to Vix team but just wondered if I was missing something. I have set send diseqc to yes as suggested previously without effect. I have copied satellite.xml from my quad thinking it may help.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

boysheff
16-04-14, 19:21
have you used autobouqetmaker on new vix image zeus 023? very simple to setup.

the setup below should help, if you have two feeds or one, then use ATM

configuration mode. Simple
Mode Single
Satellite 28.2E Eurobird 1..Astra 1N/2A/2B/2D
Send DiSEqC No.

ABM will help you setup. have a look at this link somewhere is simple instructions to setup ABM

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37267-Sky-28-2e-new-channels-how-to-get-these

martin20009
16-04-14, 20:59
I have used auto bouquets e2 to set up bouquets guessing it does similar job. What i did find playing about was i had approx 850 channels but when zapped to it it say tuner failed. My signal strength is approx 75 - 80 percentage. Half of me thinks the tuner is weak and I'm not getting full picture. Its not my box in just trying to help out a friend.
Thanks again

Sent using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
16-04-14, 21:10
The way AutoBouquets by Lraizer and ABM by the OE alliance works is that it gets the data off the satellite and saves it to your system. It does not scan. Think of it like using Dreamset/Dreamboxedit to make and then transfer bouquets from the server on the satellite to your receiver.

You have not mentioned what your dish/lnb/cabling physuical setup is. Nor what the tuner configuration for each tuner is.

Please perform a conventional single satellite search. You should be pulling in over 950 channels on 28.2. If you are not, then there is a problem. You will have to systematically rule out the following.

Dish out of alignment
LNB faulty
Damaged cable/s
F-Plugs not connected well
Tuner faulty

martin20009
17-04-14, 22:09
Thanks for suggestion's. I am going to try my box on his dish, he has changed the lnb but the dish is 12 )13 years old maybe its time to replace. I also want to fit a scond tuner to rule the fixed tuner.

Once i have checked your recommendations i will post back.
Martin

Sent using Tapatalk