PDA

View Full Version : Quad tuner config with both a single cable motorised lnb feed & fixed quad feed's

ade1970
14-04-14, 01:54
hi all, and thanks for all the help on this board in getting me up and running, advise and tips :)
Now time has come to sort how to and which way best to run tuner set up on quad tuner duo 2 running zeus and ccam 2.30?
Currently have single motorised cable from lnb into duo 2 and two from sky dish and wonder based on what i've read on here whether to have another feed run from the sky dish to the 4th tuner or another from the motorised dish?
I mean is there even much bother with all the foreign satellites anymore like the old days? ..dunno, plus i'm worried about how this will config etc as would like to keep motorised if its worth it and realise i'd need two feeds if i end up recording and watching on one of those satellites :)
any help appreciated.

abu baniaz
14-04-14, 02:57
The motor will work irrespective of what you connect to the 4th tuner, the motorised dish will work fine.

If you put a twin LNB on your Motorised dish, you can set the 4th tuner as 2nd cable of motorised dish. Only worth it if you will be using two channels on separate quadrants/transponsders on the same sat.

ade1970
15-04-14, 03:30
Thank you for the reply, will defo go with the 2nd motorised cable then....i did wonder if i would miss the flexibility :)

DaMacFunkin
15-04-14, 19:09
The thing is though if you live in britain, what are the chances of you wanting to watch something, and record something at the same time of the same sat other than on 28.2? I have 3 28.2 feeds to mine and just the one on the motor.

ade1970
16-04-14, 03:25
Sorry for late reply, yes in Britain and yes this is the easiest/cheapest option for me and guarantees less 28.2 clashes, yet can still use motorised :)
Thx for all the advise.

abu baniaz
16-04-14, 03:49
Cheapest is run cable to 28.2. You won't have to buy another lnb.

Rob van der Does
16-04-14, 06:45
The thing is though if you live in britain, what are the chances of you wanting to watch something, and record something at the same time of the same sat other than on 28.2?
Hmm, I can't see why the interest in any satellites would be dependant on your location?

DaMacFunkin
16-04-14, 08:09
It shouldn't be but the chances that there are 2 different programs I would like to watch on different sats given the amount of programs that are available on 28.2 in English, and also that with the best will in the world is anybody going to produce an English epg for all the hundreds of thousands of none English channels available to me...

Rob van der Does
16-04-14, 08:12
If you're only interested in English then indeed your world is more or less limited to 28.2E.