PDA

View Full Version : New Box

icemen
14-04-14, 00:59
Hi I currently got a openbox s9. Although it still works I want upgrade to a better box. Something with better picture better channel set up possible auto channel freq update and 7 day epg. Which box would you recommend? I was learning towards a tm single or nano, nano2 is there any difference between these boxes? I then spoke to a local sat shop who advised me only a blade 7000s box has the 7 day epg and that tm boxes don't have this feature? Can you explain and are these blade boxes any good. Ideally I want a box with the latest and most stable image and all the auto bouquet on it already with the 7 day epg so all I have to do is input my gift ;-). Please also advise if I will need a extra hd or usb pen to achieve what I want.
thankz
Ice

seame
14-04-14, 01:41
You had me until gift!

mariegriff
14-04-14, 01:51
I think you need to sack the "local sat shop" and continue on this forum. Any enigma 2 linux box will give you what you want with 7 day epg, auto bouquet, etc and that includes the tm's. I guess it all depends on what you want to spend, I have a VU Duo and am very pleased with it, and it certainly does all the things that you want to do with it.
have you had a look at the sponsors site

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/

mariegriff
14-04-14, 03:28
You had me until gift!
Didn't see that part, I'd better get my glasses on :)

Rob van der Does
14-04-14, 06:23
.... so all I have to do is input my gift ;-).....
What's that :confused:

cwebb66
14-04-14, 07:18
What's that :confused:

I think its a line rob

Rob van der Does
14-04-14, 07:42
Brrrrrr .

icemen
14-04-14, 10:38
ok, no mention of inputing a line or gift ;-), (Your all welcome to send me a personnal PM)
I just want some reviews on these TM boxes before I go ahead and purchase one, e.g. how easy are they set up channels and can split them into like movies, sports etc..., how good are the picture qualities & anything else you think I might find useful?
I will prob buy from this forum's sponsor shop world of sat, Will they pre set up the box for me so I don't have to do anything? e.g. load image, bouquets & EPG?
All help is appreciated
thankz
Ice

Maxwell
14-04-14, 10:55
ok, no mention of inputing a line or gift ;-), (Your all welcome to send me a personnal PM)

Ice

No you're not, that is against the rules as well as public discussion.

There are some very good guides on setup in the guide section all relatively easy to follow, channels are split into sections by the ABM feature of the image automatically when you run it.
The box you buy from the sponsor will be pre flashed with the image of your choice but will not be setup - the initial setup is very intuitive and the rest is specific to your own requirements

josh_g
14-04-14, 11:13
As Maxwell states the box will come with the image flashe donly but set up is easy if you take the time and follow he guides in the guides section. the one i used i re-posted and was written by Pheonix and can be found in my signature.

replace your box with an E2 receiver and you will not look back i promise!

icemen
14-04-14, 11:47
As Maxwell states the box will come with the image flashe donly but set up is easy if you take the time and follow he guides in the guides section. the one i used i re-posted and was written by Pheonix and can be found in my signature.

replace your box with an E2 receiver and you will not look back i promise!

Firstly sorry guyz, new, not up with the rules so I appologize. Secondly Can some please tell me the difference between the TM Single and Nano? Looks pretty similar in spec but around £40-£50 in price difference?

Once I purchase one i'm sure some will help me load up the bouquets & 7 day EPG and stuff or point me in the right direction. Will I need a USB for the 7 day EPG on the TM boxes?
thankz
ICe

abu baniaz
14-04-14, 12:08
You will need a storage medium for the EPG, USB or HDD. This applies to all receivers as Internal flash is not recommended.

The Single has a a scart socket, Nano does not. If you buy the Nano, get the HDD kit with it, it will be cheaper than buying it separately afterwards.

Personally, I would buy a twin tuner receiver.

icemen
14-04-14, 13:38
You will need a storage medium for the EPG, USB or HDD. This applies to all receivers as Internal flash is not recommended.

The Single has a a scart socket, Nano does not. If you buy the Nano, get the HDD kit with it, it will be cheaper than buying it separately afterwards.

Personally, I would buy a twin tuner receiver.

IF I go for the nano then will I still need a USB if I get HDD kit with it?

You the twin tuner how does this work, does it mean I can view in a different room? Does it just show what is playing from the box or can you view different channels? and also does this mean you need two boxes?
thankz
ICe

abu baniaz
14-04-14, 13:47
With the Nano, the HDD kit allows you to use the a sata 2.5 internal HDD for recordings and epg. If you use a HDD, there is no need for a USB stick. I only sugested getting the kit at the same time as it works out cheaper buying it together.

With twin tuner receivers you need two cables from the satellite dish. It allows you to record one programme while watching another.

There is no RF output on either the Nano or Single.

Larry-G
14-04-14, 13:56
Weather you use a Internal HDD or not, you are still going to need a USB stick, if for no other reason that flashing the receiver from time to time.

icemen
14-04-14, 14:01
With the Nano, the HDD kit allows you to use the a sata 2.5 internal HDD for recordings and epg. If you use a HDD, there is no need for a USB stick. I only sugested getting the kit at the same time as it works out cheaper buying it together.

With twin tuner receivers you need two cables from the satellite dish. It allows you to record one programme while watching another.

There is no RF output on either the Nano or Single.

Oh I get you so with a twin tuner you record one channnel & view a different channel but on the same tv not in a different room.
also with these boxes you can view youtube, I take it I will have to add this myself aswell once I purchase?
Is there someone I speak with at world of sat to discuss my requirements? best image to have and stuff? I'm just going to go or the nano box then, what do you people think good choice?
thankz
ice

Larry-G
14-04-14, 14:06
The Nano-OE is a very nice little receiver, and is surprisingly snappy for a single tuner receiver. It is occasionally let down by drivers from the manufacturer but these are always sorted once discovered..

abu baniaz
14-04-14, 14:08
Contact details here
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact

icemen
14-04-14, 14:24
Contact details here
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact

thankz guys for your help

icemen
15-04-14, 20:16
still not response from the contact detail of world of sat? ;-(

Andy_Hazza
15-04-14, 20:20
How much you looking to spend on a satellite receiver?