PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-OE] Vhannibal E2 motor channel lis 13 April

satnano
13-04-14, 17:54
Hi every body,

I have updated the image on my TM nano oe to the latest openvix Zeus 023 and have downloaded Vannibal E2 motor 13 April channel list, but I just can't figure out how to install this channel list to the receiver, any help on how to do this is greatly appreciated.

thanks and best regards
:)

Rob van der Does
13-04-14, 18:03
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

satnano
13-04-14, 18:19
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

Thanks for helping a newbie in this matter.

satnano
13-04-14, 18:44
Okay, I have installed cateyes motorised channel list from plugins>>settings, but when I choose for example hotbird on 13 east and then select any channel, I get a message "Tune failed" and no picture. Do I need to do any thing else to get the satellites and chnnels to work?

thanks

judge
13-04-14, 18:50
Have you set your tuners correctly?
Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Tuner configuration

satnano
13-04-14, 19:02
Tuner configuration:
Tuner A: BCM7335 (internal) (DVB-S2)
Positioner: USALS

Configuration mode simple
Mode positioner
Longitude 2.76 west
Latitude 53.42 north

Rob van der Does
13-04-14, 19:31
'Tune failed' means that E2 thinks it can receive the service, but tuning fails. This could be due to a not properly aligned dish.

satnano
13-04-14, 19:41
'Tune failed' means that E2 thinks it can receive the service, but tuning fails. This could be due to a not properly aligned dish.

Thanks for that, I know the dish is aligned as when I use another receiver (TM6900 HD super) I get all satellites. Also I can get few channels working on hotbird from the TM nano but most channles return "tune failed" message.

abu baniaz
13-04-14, 21:23
Was the TM6900 HD super using USALS or DiSeqc 1.2 motor controls?

satnano
13-04-14, 21:37
Was the TM6900 HD super using USALS or DiSeqc 1.2 motor controls?

It was using DiSeqc 1.2 motor control. The TM nano oe has sucessfully found and locked Thor 1W, hotbird 13E and Utelsat 19E but didn't lock to other satellites. The 3 satellites has only few channels working but the majority give back "Tune failed" message. Is it worth changing Tuner config to fixed dish mode and scanning hotbird manually?

abu baniaz
13-04-14, 21:44
This means that your dish is not correctly aligned to use USALS. The whole principle shoudld be that you plug anuy receiver and enter your co-ordinates and the satellites will be found. You may ebe able to offset the differnce by adjusting your co-ordinates. E.g 2.86 w. 2.96 w, 2.66w, 2.56w

Alternatively use Diseqc motor controls on the Nano.

Rob van der Does
13-04-14, 22:04
The TM nano oe has sucessfully found and locked Thor 1W, hotbird 13E and Utelsat 19E but didn't lock to other satellites. The 3 satellites has only few channels working but the majority give back "Tune failed" message.
I'm pretty sure this means the dish is not aligned properly and/or the pole isn't vertical.

satnano
13-04-14, 23:16
This means that your dish is not correctly aligned to use USALS. The whole principle shoudld be that you plug anuy receiver and enter your co-ordinates and the satellites will be found. You may ebe able to offset the differnce by adjusting your co-ordinates. E.g 2.86 w. 2.96 w, 2.66w, 2.56w

Alternatively use Diseqc motor controls on the Nano.

How to use Diseqc motor controls on TM nano please?

abu baniaz
14-04-14, 00:10
See this post

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30415-Motorised-dish-setup&p=229688&viewfull=1#post229688

satnano
14-04-14, 16:12
Thanks Abu baniaz, as the dish is pointing towards hotbird 13 east with good SNR signal, I have scanned it using automatic scan mode and got 92 channels only, mostly German (FTA and scrambled), but all the other channels are grayed out and if I select any of them I get the "tune failed" message again!!

I am really grateful for your help.

Rob van der Does
14-04-14, 16:52
There are no German channels on 13E. So it looks like the dish is completely misaligned.
And 13E should give you many more services.

satnano
14-04-14, 21:03
Many thanks guys, you have made the right diagnosis of malaligned dish as using USALS was not going to work. So I moved the dish to 28 East using my old receiver then connected the LNB coax to the Tm nano which I configured its tuner to simple and fixed and done automatic scan of 28 east satellite and it found over 900 channels with no "tune failed" message. So I just need now to figure out how to use diseqc motor mode without USALS and just scan few satellites that I use regularly. I will be back if I need more help.

Great help chaps, many thanks again.

:wave:

abu baniaz
14-04-14, 21:15
At the setting up stage, in my view it is far easier to load/install a chanenl list instead of scanning. You can then send the dish and check the chanenls are working

satnano
14-04-14, 23:42
At the setting up stage, in my view it is far easier to load/install a chanenl list instead of scanning. You can then send the dish and check the chanenls are working

How do you load/install channel list please?

abu baniaz
15-04-14, 00:00
One way is
Menu > Plugins > Green button for Download > Settings >
Pick any of the motorised ones. Vhannibal, Catseye, Malimali etc

Another way is to use PC
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23187-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit