PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] mkv, mp4 and avi playback position not stored

TimoJ
13-04-14, 14:03
Is this a bug:
I playback a mp4, mkv or avi movie and select and start another movie via the movielist (without first stopping the previous movie) the playback position of the first movie is not stored. It is stored if I stop the movie and start another after that. It also is stored with .ts files without first stopping the previous movie.

andyblac
14-04-14, 00:07
Is this a bug:
I playback a mp4, mkv or avi movie and select and start another movie via the movielist (without first stopping the previous movie) the playback position of the first movie is not stored. It is stored if I stop the movie and start another after that. It also is stored with .ts files without first stopping the previous movie.

ts files file are handled differently they have .meta files contain all sorts of info, media files have to be stopped so movie list can write to a global file about filename and playback position.

TimoJ
14-04-14, 13:35
ts files file are handled differently they have .meta files contain all sorts of info, media files have to be stopped so movie list can write to a global file about filename and playback position.
Why can't this position file update be added directly to the mp4/avi/mkv-playback code? i.e. when the user selects another movie file and just before the next movie starts, the system would jump thru the same routine that pressing stop does. Or would that require major code change?

andyblac
14-04-14, 23:58
Why can't this position file update be added directly to the mp4/avi/mkv-playback code? i.e. when the user selects another movie file and just before the next movie starts, the system would jump thru the same routine that pressing stop does. Or would that require major code change?

simple as answer is yes,