PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Timeshift problem - user error!

leeski
13-04-14, 08:57
Hi,

I recently upgraded to Zeus build 023 for my VU+ Ultimo... after the box constantly crashed after installing 2x plugins (air player & open air player)... I completed another fresh flash.... initialised the hard drive etc.

Everything is fine except I can no longer get timeshift to work!... recordings are fine bit timeshift simply brings up the 'no entry type symbol'in th top right of the screen.

Thanks if anyone has a simple fix...

Andy_Hazza
13-04-14, 09:30
Go to menu > Setup > System > Timeshift Settings > Change 'Automatically start timeshift after' 2 seconds and change 'Show warning when timeshift is stopped' No. Then green button to save. :thumbsup:

leeski
13-04-14, 10:21
Thanks Andy_Hazza

Those are/have always been my settings... but it fails to timeshift! (only since Zeus update)

Not the end of the world but frustrating when it used to work!

mickyblueys
13-04-14, 11:07
Have you checked your mounts are set-up correctly? And timeshift is pointing to one of them?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

leeski
13-04-14, 11:53
Thanks Mickeyblueys,

after flashing I initialised the hard drive and all seemed good... I can record to the hard drive but not timeshift.... had my ultimo since sept. '12 and had no issues in the past setting anything... I have a nas which is showing under >network>mounts etc. the standard hard (1tb inside the VU+) has always been... /media/hdd/movie/ for recording & works fine...

However I have gone back into timeshift settings & the timeshift location is /media/hdd/timeshift/ but when I select it& ok I get the following...

There might not be enough space on the selected partition. do you want to continue?

going back into sorage devices & re-initialising the disc does not the slightes difference to my timeshift problem, which I thought it would do!

chaser
13-04-14, 12:26
If recordings are working ok to /media/hdd then it sounds like your mounts are fine, but double check menu -> setup -> Vix -> mount manager

The hdd should be mounted as /media/hdd. Make sure your USB is not mounted as that.

mickyblueys
13-04-14, 12:39
Have you got a timeshift bookmark? (Folder)
If not create one!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

leeski
13-04-14, 13:01
Thanks for all input,

I everything suggested was done & I have no usb connected... just opened VU+ Control Centre & navigated to media/hdd/ and there was no timeshift folder! I created one and in the control centre & pressed pause... instantly worked! not sure why the folder was not created automatically from the menu options!

All seems good for now... cheers