PDA

View Full Version : how to set the password on a Vu DU0 so only me access from the Internet

stev214
12-04-14, 01:59
Hi all can someone please tell me how you set the password up on Vu duo so that only me can access it from the Internet
run new version of software zeus 023

thank

lemi
12-04-14, 06:24
Menu-Plugins-OpenWebIf-enable http authentication.
Telnet to your box ip address.Enter the command passwd to set a new password.

stev214
12-04-14, 12:16
Tried what was told it Connects to the box and type in the word ... password it says file not found
Must be doing something wrong can someone give me the exact line of what I'm must typing ...I must be missing out of
command line
thanks

craig.gorms
12-04-14, 12:18
Tried what was told it Connects to the box and type in the word ... password it says file not found
Must be doing something wrong can someone give me the exact line of what I'm must typing ...I must be missing out of
command line
thanks

The command is passwd not password...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djanzi
16-04-14, 11:21
When using telnet to change the password nothing seemed to happen when i was typing the new password in however it is receiving what your typing but does not show up on screen. Just type the new password in and press ctrl and enter and it will register the new password. As i struggled with this just thought you might have come up against the same problem....sharing in caring :thumbsup: