PDA

View Full Version : box recomendations

dorada
10-04-14, 21:07
Hi, looking for another linux box which is capable of recording 2 channels whilst watching another I currently have a gigablue se + twin tuner & i understand they have stopped making the quad model any suggestions please.

judge
10-04-14, 21:19
If you have the budget for a Solo2, go for that...

Larry-G
10-04-14, 21:29
Depends on your budget, if you can, try the solo2 it is in my opinion the best box on the market, but any twin tuner will pretty much give you every thing you need.

nsw9154
10-04-14, 21:30
you are correct they have stooped making the QUAD but they are replacing it with the QUAD PLUS it should be in the shops now, but i think they are delayed until the end of the month
well in the UK at least, a few people on here have them but had to order them from Germany

i originally ordered a Gigablue QUAD but as they had stoped making them i Bought a VU+Solo2 instead and i am over the moon with it, it's a cracking box

but i suppose that it could come down to your budget and i think that the QUAD PLUS is cheaper than the solo2 :)

pheonix and judge you just beat me to it :D

dorada
10-04-14, 21:35
thanks for replys phoenix are you saying any twin tuner can record 2 channels whilst watching a 3rd as I have a twin tuner already please correct me if I misunderstand.

Larry-G
10-04-14, 21:40
A twin tuner receiver can record from two separate transponders, while allowing you to view or record any channel which falls on the same transponder or quadrant as one of the two being recorder. If you really want to be able to view or record from three totally separate transponders you would need a receiver with at least three tuner cards.

nsw9154
10-04-14, 21:42
pheonix & judge will probably beat me to it again :eek: but if you have a dual tuner connected to 2 separate feeds from the LNB you can probably record more than 4 at the same time

i only have the 1 cable connected at the moment and i have been able to record 4 programs at the same time on the same transponder

dorada
10-04-14, 21:44
ahhh, thanks for clearing that up for me think its time I started leaning a bit about my box thanks

dorada
10-04-14, 21:46
I have 1 feed to a motorized & 1 feed to a fixed dish so my option could be great then

nsw9154
10-04-14, 21:49
i have only had my solo2 for 4 weeks but having people like pheonix - judge and all the other Great Admins on this Exelent site have Helped me a lot and i am learning fast :D:thumbsup: thanks guys :wave:

Larry-G
10-04-14, 21:50
Technically you could record say 5 channels while still being able to watch another, it all comes down to which transponders the channels fall on. The good thing with ViX and most other images is that you simply need to open your channel list ( bouquet ) while two recordings are ongoing and it will show you what you can still view or record, as none select-able channels will be greyed out.

Larry-G
10-04-14, 21:52
i have only had my solo2 for 4 weeks but having people like pheonix - judge and all the other Great Admins on this Exelent site have Helped me a lot and i am learning fast :D:thumbsup: thanks guys :wave:

every single one of us started where you did mate, I used Enigma1 dreamboxes for almost ten years before getting my first E2 based receiver, And it came very close to appearing in a Vu+ Uno VS Shotgun video on youtube due to my initial frustrations. Thanks to the guys here I still have that receiver and can now share my limited knowledge back to the community, as you will your self.

craig.gorms
10-04-14, 21:53
Technically you could record say 5 channels while still being able to watch another, it all comes down to which transponders the channels fall on. The good thing with ViX and most other images is that you simply need to open your channel list ( bouquet ) while two recordings are ongoing and it will show you what you can still view or record, as none select-able channels will be greyed out.

Is there a list of what channels are on what transponder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
10-04-14, 21:55
yes
http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

dorada
10-04-14, 21:57
thanks guys for all your help think I have to have a play & explore with my box not had it that long so I,am just getting to grips with it & its the first time I have used the vix image which has just been released recently & I only ever had technomates before ie 500 / 600/ 800 hd, cheers

judge
10-04-14, 22:03
Is there a list of what channels are on what transponder?

You can also check using the box. When on a channel, bring up the channel list, press green for Satellites, then pick Current transponder.

craig.gorms
10-04-14, 22:16
@judge awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk