PDA

View Full Version : Audio sync settings / advice ?

leecovuk
11-11-10, 16:01
Hello,

I'm using the latest (and updated) ViX image, but I have no idea if my questions are specific to this image. I assume so, which is why I am posting here.

Can somebody who knows about such things, please give some advice on how to correctly use the audio sync options? This could be with or without the Audio Sync plugin and its extra options.
Could you also clarify if all or any settings only apply to MP2 or AC3 audio.
Please also clarify if the adjustments only apply to certain audio outputs of the receiver.

If relevant, I am watching the receiver's output via the TV Scart output, set in A/V Settings to PAL and S-Video. (I can also watch via HDMI but my described usage, although not maximising picture quality, is currently more convenient for my local set up)

The problems I am having include, in various situations:

I don't seem to be actually adjusting the audio sync.

I don't seem to have enough adjustment capability.

When using the on-screen adjustment bars found when watching a channel via the Audio button then Audio Sync option, I am not clear on whether the Global setting should store any adjustment into the receiver's global audio sync setting. It doesn't seem to do so.

In the Audio Sync plugin, what are the actual working limits of the 'Outer Bound' setting?

Thanks for any detailed advice,

Lee
UK