PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Samba Share

galway1411
09-04-14, 14:53
Hi all,

Just want to say first of all thanks to this site for all the information and help it has provided me in setting up my first linux receiver. I received it last week and stuck on the latest vix zeus image which is fantastic - I can't believe how easy it is to get it going with the built in feeds plugins etc. and how responsive it is... Anyway the issue i am having is mounting a network share from a freecom network drive which is a samba share I believe.
I have installed the samba and client from the menu's and then I have mounted the drive using the mount manager. I have used autofs for mount as needed and left the username and password blank as i don't believe any is required. anyway the mount shows up in mount manager with the green globe and a green tick to show everything seems to be in order. However when i try to browse the network nothing shows up except for my TM Nano. I have download the file browser extension and gone to media/autofs and nothing displays? am i missing something or how should I be able to view the files on the drive assuming it has mounted properly.
Thanks guys

Maxwell
09-04-14, 14:58
media player and use yellow button to change the location to the share

galway1411
10-04-14, 10:28
media player and use yellow button to change the location to the share

Thanks for the pointer - when I tried that it told me that no such directory exists even though the option to browse to the mounted drive appeared as on option. I also tried the media scanner plugin to browse to mounted drive and it tells me no displayable media found...
Thanks

Maxwell
10-04-14, 10:30
what options do you see in media player locations i.e.

Other
Media/hdd/movie

josh_g
10-04-14, 10:37
i set the exact same thing up on my Nano yesterday and couldn't get it working so gave up. but the same mount worked on my TM-twin .

it shows the green globe and looked all good in mount manager, i then went to media and changed location to the mount and although it shows in the options to chose it throws an error message when i click on it :confused:

Rob van der Does
10-04-14, 13:57
Go to recording options, recording path and add a number of bookmarks.
Make sure the actual path is selected when you're done.

galway1411
11-04-14, 10:32
Go to recording options, recording path and add a number of bookmarks.
Make sure the actual path is selected when you're done.

Thanks for suggestions...

This is a pic of the mountmanager with green globe and green tickbox

This is screengrab of the locations available in the media player. The 3fcom is the samba share which looks ok in the mount manager

When I click on the 3fcom to view it gives this error

When I went to recording setting and tried to change the location for the default recordings - i didn't seem to have an option to browse or add bookmarks. The only option was to remove them?

Maxwell
11-04-14, 10:38
is the root directory on 3fcom setup as a share ? the last screen suggests not

dwarf
11-04-14, 10:46
I had some issues with autofs and a samba share also with all the correct credentials..

I ended up removing all the autofs entries and using fstab to mount my shares

Rob van der Does
11-04-14, 10:53
When I went to recording setting and tried to change the location for the default recordings - i didn't seem to have an option to browse or add bookmarks. The only option was to remove them?
Use 'CH+' to enter the locations; then highlight the desired location; then 'add bookmark'; then 'CH-' to return; the highlight the default recording location; then 'green' to save and exit.

josh_g
23-04-14, 17:03
Use 'CH+' to enter the locations; then highlight the desired location; then 'add bookmark'; then 'CH-' to return; the highlight the default recording location; then 'green' to save and exit.

is there a reason to do this Rob? since moving house i have now lost both network mounts, show in mount manager but get the same error as the last screen galway1411 posted

Rob van der Does
23-04-14, 17:19
On what image/build are you? If ViX, make sure to update to Helios 006.
If still an issue: maybe delete mounts in mountmanager and make them again (using autofs).
And adding bookmarks is just handy for quick navigation in the movie list.

josh_g
23-04-14, 17:30
im on 23 on both boxes.. cant get on Helios as im waiting for it to be released for TM boxes.

i will try deleting them when i get home and try again.. just for my sanity you can have two boxes mounted to the same windows share? its never been a problem till i moved house and tried to set up the Nano in the bedroom

Rob van der Does
23-04-14, 19:01
im on 23 on both boxes.. cant get on Helios as im waiting for it to be released for TM boxes.....
Ah, yes, sorry about that. Too many threads with all different setups for an ageing memory :eek:

josh_g
26-04-14, 00:31
Deleted the mount and re-mounted, set up a new user account on the PC and tried that. You can mount a PC on two different boxes i assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
26-04-14, 06:35
You can mount a PC on two different boxes i assume?
On as many as you like.