PDA

View Full Version : CacheFlush Plugin

PattoLFC
09-04-14, 11:34
Hi,

I have had my VU+ Duo2 for about 2 months now and have noticed when attempting to play media files that I have uploaded via FTP I occasionally get a the ViX logo loading in the top left hand corner and a black screen and no controls work thus making me give it a hard reboot.

I work with Linux daily and this sounds to me like a crash due to lack of memory, after doing some research I heard about a plugin called CacheFlush however I am unable to find it on any forums.

I know there is a few commands I can run via telnet however I don't want to risk screwing my box.

Could someone point me in the right direction please? The box runs a ViX image.

Cheers.

Trial
09-04-14, 11:43
Hi,
the Duo2 has more then enough memory. This plugin is only intended for the old Duo which sometime seems to have a memory leak. Are you trying to play mkv with sub titles? If yes this might be your problem. The current gstreamer seems to be a bit picky when it comes to subtitles. Try to remux without or with less subtitles.

ciao

PattoLFC
09-04-14, 11:51
Hi,
the Duo2 has more then enough memory. This plugin is only intended for the old Duo which sometime seems to have a memory leak. Are you trying to play mkv with sub titles? If yes this might be your problem. The current gstreamer seems to be a bit picky when it comes to subtitles. Try to remux without or with less subtitles.

ciao

Hmmm, I've seen it on MKV's, MP4s and also AVI's.

I never thought it could be something to do with subtitles tbh.