PDA

View Full Version : zeus openvix awful

satelliteguy68
08-04-14, 13:50
why have this changed..i have 2 boxes 1 vu+ solo which as worked openvix for years now all im getting is slow box,wont load epg the old vix was so much better.vix is ace but had nothing but problems on this new zeus malarkey.thogh on my vu+ solo 2 all is fine.can any one help or are any of you having similar problems.

Larry-G
08-04-14, 14:24
I dont wish to be rude but would you rather we just say " Thats it, The image is as good as were going to get it, lets call it a day and cease all support from here on in ??".

Personally i have 6 receivers and another two at relatives all running ViX Zeus and only one had a issue with crashing when the movie player was opened, it's just as stable as ViX 3.0 and all earlier ViX images ever were.

abu baniaz
08-04-14, 14:28
Have you got a swap file active on your solo?

Rob van der Does
08-04-14, 14:36
Your post is a bit difficult to read, but as I understand it you should make a support request @ this sub forum (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?298-ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion).

satelliteguy68
08-04-14, 14:42
your not being rude phoenix but im pulling my hair out.no swapfile in use.im just going to use the vu+ solo for watching tv and use my vu+ solo 2 for other stuff.thanks

Maxwell
08-04-14, 14:46
Seeing as my crystal ball is broken today perhaps you could enlighten us to the problems you are having

josh_g
08-04-14, 14:47
Hi satelliteguy68, after being inactive for a while i came back to the forum and realised Zues had been released. so i installed it on my TM-twin i have to say it is a really good image and been a lot more sable than the later 3.0 builds. what exact problems are you having with it? i would say do as abu baniaz suggests and put a swap file on.

Larry-G
08-04-14, 14:48
If you'r having problems the best course of action is as rob points out, make a support thread ( follow the link he posted ), make one thread per issue so as not to confuse them, post as much detail about the issue as possible along with all crash logs or debug logs you may have.

Otherwise we cant offer help, as we would just be guessing, and that helps no one.

gordyboy
08-04-14, 14:52
why not keep using the old build until you are satisfied that you want to change...just because a new version is out we don't all have to follow on and change

I am perfectly happy with the old build especially with a swap file runs great

satmanbasil
08-04-14, 15:09
Hi

What you need to remember is with any new image new additions are added as requested by fellow users which puts a strain on the memory of the STB, so depending on what you really need try to taylor your receiver to essentrial plugins you really need or as already advised and create the swap file.
You know the solo2 is a much better receiver than solo1 much the same as computers after time with upgrades etc they start to slow down stb are much the same

Prioryman
08-04-14, 17:53
Zeus openvix awful is a very strong statement to make and if I was the person/persons ( Andy and friends ) spending my personal time and effort on writing the software for us ALL to use I would be offended..................

Perhaps in your anger it's as a "throw away" statement, but to be honest if your not happy with what he has done with the new image go back to using the old one.

I for one thank anyone involved in writing the image for my VU+ Solo2 as it makes it "up to date"

Just my pennies worth.

nsw9154
08-04-14, 18:48
i have only had my solo2 4 weeks so i started with vix3-808 and only decided to try ZEUS on build 09 now using ZEUS 22 and every thing is running great and i will keep updating and use ZEUS

today i went round to my friends to help him sort his PC out :eek: Damn i thought he is using windows 8 now i am still a windows 7 person and not a fan of windows 8 but i persevered and managed to fix my friends PC and also his Laptop, OK it took me a few hours more than it should have done on windows 7 but i got their in the end
some people Embrace Change and some people want things to stay the same like i chose to stay with windows 7 if someone dose not like ZEUS then stay with 808 simples :whistle::thumbsup:

fintannl
10-04-14, 00:38
Zeus works fine. only issue is that splash screen looks like a black hole, ie,. like a competing image

sparky72
10-04-14, 00:51
I Think The Zeus Images Have Been The Most Stable Images For Ages ..........Excellent Stuff My Duo Has Not Crashed Once Since The Zeus Images Have Been Used...........Before My Duo Was Crashing All The Time At Various Times Too ......Well Done I Say To All Involved :)

judge
10-04-14, 01:06
I Think The Zeus Images Have Been The Most Stable Images For Ages ..........Excellent Stuff My Duo Has Not Crashed Once Since The Zeus Images Have Been Used...........Before My Duo Was Crashing All The Time At Various Times Too ......Well Done I Say To All Involved :)

Nothing has changed that would cause this, ViX 808 & Zeus 023, just as stable as each other.
Zeus has many updates, so maybe down to plugins you're installing or how you use the box?
Saying that, only Zeus images are being updated to fix any 808 or newly introduced issues as well as add new features.

sparky72
10-04-14, 01:12
Zeus Is Way Better For Me Anyway .....But i Have To Say All Vix Images Were Still Great ......But From Vix 800 Up To 808 Was Loads More Stable Than The First Images .....I Am Happy Anyway :):)

thisntaht
10-04-14, 12:30
I completely disagree, Zeus is class, never any issues on numerous boxes.

mickyblueys
10-04-14, 12:54
I completely disagree, Zeus is class, never any issues on numerous boxes.

Agree whole heartedly, there has been minimal faults with Zeus, and the ones that have popped up have been fixed within a matter of hours, 99% of the time issues arise because of users who pretty much have no clue what so ever, with what they are doing (whom i was one 18 months ago). What people should be doing is reading, reading, reading.....all of the tutorials and the fault threads to learn how these pieces of equipment actually work. Instead of jumping in the deep end head first and creating faults by doing things incorrect!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

bellejt
10-04-14, 13:13
I am also still on 3.808 because off difficulties using old settings in LCD4 display and remote streaming.Did not work in early version of ZEUS.Maybe if there was somewhere a manual or helpfile what to backup in which directory for setting it back in new ZEUS image.Would be much appreciated and good advertising for the makers off the image.A lot of people would make the stepover quicker.

josh_g
10-04-14, 13:46
from what i can gather back ups of settings arnt compatible, in im not sure how this works in LCD4 but with anything a clean flash and stazrting from new is half the fun.. give it a go you wont regret it!

bellejt
10-04-14, 13:51
thats the problem : my LCD4 is specialy setup to add info witch is not on the VFD screen.Took 2 hours to set it up.If I knew where to backup those settings I would give it a try.Also will remote streaming work ? Still to many questions and perhaps to many bugs as already on version 23.Can not miss the box for the moment and trying takes quicly a few hours.
I am sure the new img is better but I have not enough sparetime to test and find that all out and finally needing to go back on old img.For settings and favoriteslist there is probably no problem to set them back to FTP.

josh_g
10-04-14, 13:57
if you can find where the info is saved on the box you could FTP into the box and copy to PC and back to box when flash is done

i know streaming works but i think there maybe and issue with transcoding on the VU boxes i take it you have a Duo 2?

Rob van der Does
10-04-14, 14:02
What I usually do is copy wanted items fro the file etc/enigma2/settings to the one of the new box. Especially a complex tuner setup can easily be transferred that way. But other files as well. Make sure to only copy files if you understand what they do. Obviously E2 will have to be stopped (init 4) when saving the new file.
The LCD screen is one I never use; it's a sales gimmick, not a useful item. So I never tried to make or restore any settings.

bellejt
10-04-14, 14:22
I have duo2.Rob I specialy bought the box for the second screen.To me it is very helpfull for showing bars and extra info.With the first Zeus I tried to copy FTP the files in LCD4 to my PC and back.That did not work.Maybe now it is solved with the latest images (23).The only things I save are the settings and channellists with DBE and the CCcam files. Maybe I give it a go and FTP LCD4 directory way and back and give it a restart.I also use HN night scin and golden picons .Is it compatible with new image ?

Rob van der Does
10-04-14, 15:16
Give me your L4L settings and I'll see if I can get them in my box.

bellejt
10-04-14, 15:18
ok I make backup and sent them.

bellejt
10-04-14, 15:29
the original is not uploadable.Here in rar form.Thx in advance.

boysheff
10-04-14, 15:50
here here, zeus is quality and works a dream

Rob van der Does
10-04-14, 17:25
the original is not uploadable.Here in rar form.Thx in advance.
I could definitely load your settings (via the menu of the plugin) and restore my own (from the backup I made before loading yours).

bellejt
10-04-14, 17:28
ok thx Rob.Then I will go for the update if it is that easy.

bellejt
10-04-14, 18:13
update perfectly working.Many thx.

DaMacFunkin
16-04-14, 19:12
The LCD screen is a gimmick? It's ****ing ace with the right picons it's that shitty vfd that needs a good wacking with a tree branch. (Or a decent editor at least).

Larry-G
16-04-14, 19:17
The LCD screen is a gimmick? It's ****ing ace with the right picons it's that shitty vfd that needs a good wacking with a tree branch. (Or a decent editor at least).

yes the LCD is a gimmick, the fact that it requires third party plugins to function rather than being handled by the drivers like the VFD is more than enough to put me off from buying the Duo2, not to mention the processing power LCD4 linux takes up.

DaMacFunkin
18-04-14, 06:45
Honestly, this thing has power to spare, what else do you need it for, live a little.
When i get time to sort the screens out so they compliment each other instead of showing mostly the same info i might sit just watching the front for a few days instead of the TV, unfortunatly editing the vfd is extremly time consuming and very much trial and lots of error.

Stanman
18-04-14, 09:35
Mary posted up a lcd setting he uses on his box and it looks very nice in the screen shot worth trying IMHO. It's in the lcd4linux area

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
18-04-14, 09:51
Where abouts Stanman? I can't find it.:rolleyes:

Stanman
18-04-14, 09:56
On phone and can't do it properly but wonder over to the DUO2 section and thread is there.
If you don't find it bump this and will post link when on pc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk