PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] Dreambox Control Center, Dreambox Login Failed, FTP Connected, Telnet Disconnected

sharky
08-04-14, 11:00
Hi, hope someone can help....tried alsorts,but everytime i try to connect DCC it keeps saying Telnet disconnected33740
Any help would be much appreciated

timofee
08-04-14, 14:01
Despite what it says on the bottom line the red line to your box indicates you are not connected to it - so no FTP and no Telnet. First thing to note is that you probably have the old E1 version of DCC - the correct version will show Dreambox Control Center E2 at the top.

Once you get the correct DCC version check again. If still get an error - possible faults are wrong password, wrong box IP or no connection to box.

Note: now that I have posted you might get a lot of boring replies saying don't use DCC - please ignore them. If you have the correct password & connections DCC will easily connect to your Uno.

sharky
08-04-14, 15:38
Hi,thanks for the post....i have downloaded again to make sure i am using correct version of DCC....but it is still showing the same

IAmATeaf
08-04-14, 19:22
What os are you running, it's worth checking that if you have a firewall running that you've allowed dcc access to the network.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

roy0110
08-04-14, 19:31
to add info here...
sharky brought his uno to my house today.
we put zeus 22 on it, connected to my network perfectly and box performs as it should.
box i.d and password are as default.
his box i.p is correct as shown in pic above.
i can't vouch for his internet connection (whether it's wired or not) maybe he will check and report back.
at his home he is using DCC 2.96 the same as i am at home.
DCC is ticked as an exception in windows firewall on his computer.

weirskynet
08-04-14, 19:55
The password won't be dreambox

Tell him to try

Admin

Then vuplus for password with all correct IP address filed out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weirskynet
Living in harmony with his ,
Vu+ Solo2 , 😜👍😛😁

roy0110
08-04-14, 20:07
The password won't be dreambox

Tell him to try

Admin

Then vuplus for password with all correct IP address filed out

Weirskynet
Vu+ Solo2 , ��������

when his box was at my house DCC connected to the receiver just fine using root and dreambox.
why would it be any different when he takes it home?

weirskynet
08-04-14, 20:08
Just from using both a dreambox and now a solo2 I noticed the dreambox password was dreambox

And vuplus ones are standard vuplus

Tell him to try it

Weirskynet
Vu+ Solo2 , 😜👍😛😁

IAmATeaf
08-04-14, 20:26
If using w8.1 then delete the irewall exception and then run dcc so that it prompts again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sharky
09-04-14, 01:46
tried everything suggested up to now ...but still no joy.33753
this is the message i get

judge
09-04-14, 01:51
Note: now that I have posted you might get a lot of boring replies saying don't use DCC - please ignore them. If you have the correct password & connections DCC will easily connect to your Uno.

Ignoring this 'boring' reply, maybe try a proper FTP client?
Filezilla never seems to fail.

https://filezilla-project.org/

stick50jr
09-04-14, 03:39
DCC 2.96 is for Enigma1 (25/5/2009)... the latest version for Enigma2 is DCC-E2 v1.5 (1/7/2012) (http://www.bernyr.de/dcce2/index.html)
This link is from the developers web site... best place to get the program IMO.

However, your problem may be settings in DCC (Enigma2 uses different settings/directories to Enigma1). At your place, if you've just installed DCC 2.96 then the default settings will be Enigma1. At your friends place (who is also on DCC 2.96) he has probably changed the settings to suit Enigma2. Just install DCC-E2 and the settings should be correct by default. To change the defaults click on 'Experts' (left hand side, among the list of Configuration options).

I'm using DCC-E2 v1.5 and I also use Filezillla 3.8 and also Microsoft Telnet Client for Windows (in may case Windows 7). All work well. DCC-E2 is a friendly gui and does simlinks whereas Filezilla is generally more powerful/faster but doesn't seem to handle simlinks properly. The Telnet Client allows you to test telnet independently from these bells & whistles programs.

On my Vu+ Duo, the default telnet username & password is 'root' & ''
That is username = root and no password at all.

Hope this helps.

Rob van der Does
09-04-14, 06:18
I'm also using DCC-E2 v1.5 and Filezillla 3.8: they both work fine for all my boxes.

IAmATeaf
09-04-14, 12:36
To me that message does look like a firewall problem, can you try disabling it and maybe even your av and try again?

stick50jr
09-04-14, 13:43
To me that message does look like a firewall problem, can you try disabling it and maybe even your av and try again?

Yes, I meant to say that Windows 7 requires that DCC be added to the Firewall exceptions (or disable the Firewall). So this suggesstion should certainly be taken up.

timofee
09-04-14, 15:10
Hello sharky

Sorry you are still having problems.

Have you tried the E2 version of DCC as I (and others above) suggested?

sharky
09-04-14, 17:57
Hi...downloaded the most recent DCC..but still having the same problem.
However I'm now getting a few of my channels, but i'm still unable to get them all. Some i get don't seemed to be tuned properly.

stick50jr
10-04-14, 13:10
Hi...downloaded the most recent DCC..but still having the same problem.
However I'm now getting a few of my channels, but i'm still unable to get them all. Some i get don't seemed to be tuned properly.

But you have not confirmed whether you are using DCC v2.96 (latest for E1) or DCC-E2 v1.5 (latest for E2)... nor have you confirmed that you've disabled the firewall for DCC...

Whether your channels are tuning or not is a whole new discussion area...

roy0110
10-04-14, 14:46
But you have not confirmed whether you are using DCC v2.96 (latest for E1) or DCC-E2 v1.5 (latest for E2)... nor have you confirmed that you've disabled the firewall for DCC...

Whether your channels are tuning or not is a whole new discussion area...

i can confirm he used DCC-E2 v1.5 and disabled firewall for DCC

timofee
11-04-14, 14:23
In that case the next test is try Putty, filezilla or another FTP program - does that work?

Nitemare
08-05-16, 13:04
I found the issue was my Kaspersky 2016 Internet Security program.

I opened Kaspersky and opened "settings" icon (bottom left main screen)

then click on "Additional" menu option

then click on "Network" menu option

then click on "Select" hyperlink of Monitor Selected Ports only

in list that open look for "Port 21"

highlight FTP Port 21 and click "Edit"

then change status to "Inactive" click OK

Exit Kaspersky and open DCC and it should work as before!! :thumbsup: