PDA

View Full Version : Burning HD recordings to DVD from VU

dfdream
11-11-10, 09:47
All,

I want to put on DVD some HD recordings for a friend and wonder what options people use.

I have seen that DVD burn plugin will not work with HD recordings so what are the other options.

I contemplated copying them to my laptop and editing/burning them to DVD.
Has anyone done this and had any good/bad stories.

The other option I was considering is connecting my DVD/HDD recorder to scart and record straight to dvd with the dvd recorder determining the resolution.

A few questions.

Does the scart actually show downscaled HD content in SD.

Can the scart and the HDMI work at the same time so I can watch it on hdmi while its recording on scart.

What resolution comes out of the scart for HD recordings.

pooface
11-11-10, 10:01
All,

I want to put on DVD some HD recordings for a friend and wonder what options people use.

I have seen that DVD burn plugin will not work with HD recordings so what are the other options.

I contemplated copying them to my laptop and editing/burning them to DVD.
Has anyone done this and had any good/bad stories.

The other option I was considering is connecting my DVD/HDD recorder to scart and record straight to dvd with the dvd recorder determining the resolution.

A few questions.

Does the scart actually show downscaled HD content in SD.

Can the scart and the HDMI work at the same time so I can watch it on hdmi while its recording on scart.

What resolution comes out of the scart for HD recordings.

Hi.

I've used dvd womble (I think that was the program anyway) to convert hd movies on to dvd, and the output was great (obviously transferred to pc from duo, and edited on the duo)...

That's the only way it'll work to put it on dvd as far as I know, since HD movies are mpeg4 and sd mpeg2 (I think, although I could be wrong :p)

As far as scart goes, I have a scart output from the solo to my crt tv, but have set in the options that I have scart connected, not dvi. With this setting, I do not get the option to select the resolution like when choosing a hdmi connection...

mrgee
11-11-10, 10:28
It should work recording to a dvd recorder through the scart. You will also be able to watch it at the same time through the HDMI

I'd give it a try anyway and just see if it works. Just record 10 mins or so

Also I would try it with vlc in a pc and use the media information option to see what resolution and bitrate it has downscaled to