PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Just installed Zeus and lost terrestrial channels

avinitski
07-04-14, 20:22
Just installed Zeus and have lost terrestrial channels, all encrypted channels work fine.

I use AB and CrossEGP, the channels are listed (BBC 1 HD, BBC2 HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 +1, E4+1 etc) and the EPG populates but i get "Tune Failed!" message, all encrypted channels work like Sky Sports and Movie Channels, E4 HD etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

abu baniaz
08-04-14, 12:43
Terrestrial means through an aerial. Can you confirm if you have a DVB-T tuner.

Please ignore EPG for now. Let us concentrate on tuner, reception and settings.

avinitski
08-04-14, 13:25
Sorry I may not have been clear, all channels are coming from satellite Astra 2A/2E/2F/Eutelsat 28A (28.2E).

My Duo2 has the default tuner that comes with UK box which I believe is a twin tuner, I have not added another tuner to the box, its just as it comes.

Both tuners are set to....trying to remember off top of my head.....simple, single, 28.2E, DiSEqC no, are these tuner settings correct?

Larry-G
08-04-14, 13:29
They should be set to

simple
single
28.2 east
NO.

Larry-G
08-04-14, 13:31
where are you located ?, because if your on the continent you may be out side of the footprint of the satellite which carries the uk FTA channels as this has a far tighter footprint that the others that carry the encrypted sky uk channels.

avinitski
08-04-14, 14:16
They should be set to

simple
single
28.2 east
NO.

yep im sure that's what they're set to, will double check tonight.

where are you located ?, because if your on the continent you may be out side of the footprint of the satellite which carries the uk FTA channels as this has a far tighter footprint that the others that carry the encrypted sky uk channels.

I'm in UK.

abu baniaz
08-04-14, 14:32
Just to confirm, you have a satellite cable going to both tuners?

Perform a manual, single satellite scan and report back with how many channels you receive.

satmanbasil
08-04-14, 14:58
Hi

In your channel list are the terrestrial channel in grey and the ones you can see in bold you may need to check your satellite xml list to see if your missing the transponders that uk terrestrial services are on

avinitski
08-04-14, 19:47
Yes both cables going into tuner on back of box.

I performed a manual scan with below options >

Tuner - Tuner A
Type of Scan - Single Sat
Satellite - 28.2E Eutelsat 28A % Astra 2A/2E/2F etc
Network scan - yes (not sure what this does)
clear before scan - yes
only free scan - no (not sure what this does)

Scan finished 100% complete and found 789 channels.

All FTA channels now working perfectly.

The only difference was previously i did an automatic scan instead of manual, what is the difference?

Many thanks for peoples assistance and trying to help.

abu baniaz
08-04-14, 20:19
You should be receiving over 950 channels. If you are getting same result from both tuners, dish is slightly out of alignment.

satmanbasil
09-04-14, 13:27
Yes both cables going into tuner on back of box.

I performed a manual scan with below options >

Tuner - Tuner A
Type of Scan - Single Sat
Satellite - 28.2E Eutelsat 28A % Astra 2A/2E/2F etc
Network scan - yes (not sure what this does)
clear before scan - yes
only free scan - no (not sure what this does)

Scan finished 100% complete and found 789 channels.

All FTA channels now working perfectly.

The only difference was previously i did an automatic scan instead of manual, what is the difference?

Many thanks for peoples assistance and trying to help.

Just to make clear in your mind what your doing

A network scan checks all transponders that a broadcaster use on the satellite as new transponder and channels come online the data is added as it receives the information

Only free scan basicly is what it says when receiving the information from the satellite you have a mixture of encrypted channels and FTA channels like BBC - ITV etc if say you only wanted FTA as you have no card like sky in your receiver it will ignore these channels so not to clutter ur channel list with channels you cannot access anyway.
Depending on your location I would think you would of got more channels maybe worth checking your signal strength in the setup and see how strong your signal is, however depending on time etc it has been known for some channels not to register on a scan but worth a check anyway incase as mentioned your dish maybe slightly off alinement