PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Issue with remote control and Zeus

XabiX
07-04-14, 18:32
Hello guys,

I was using OpenVix 3.0 build 808 with no pb. I re-flashed to Zeus 19 and the remote doesn't work anymore. I changed the battery and the same.
I re-flashed also with Zeus 22 but same issue.

Any idea on how to solve this? I tried to reset all settings to factory in between the re-flash but always the same issue.

snif

Any experience on your side?

merci
XabiX

Stanman
07-04-14, 18:54
Did you change the remote code on the box?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mickyblueys
07-04-14, 20:56
Try using an app like dreamdroid, or vu+ app, to control the stb. And check your remote control settings.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

XabiX
07-04-14, 21:45
hi guys,

thanks for your quick answers. I didn't change anything special.

how do you set or reset the remote code?
Is this reset when factory reset or reflash because I did that several times.

I searched in the menu system but couldn't find remote code in either input devices or keyboard etc... so I think I am missing something here :D

merci
XabiX

PS: vu+ app does work but the remote control it's easier to use for the all family.

Rob van der Does
08-04-14, 05:39
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

XabiX
08-04-14, 08:02
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

Thanks Rob (before opening a case I was checking if I didn't miss any config or stupid stuff but you are right, I think this could be a bug but I don't know yet how to debug such remote control not working issue)

XabiX
08-04-14, 15:28
What is strange is that when I press a button I don't see the led bliking on the box.
in ubuntu I knew lirc and there was a way to monitor received keys. Is there a similar tool available?

merci

Maxwell
08-04-14, 15:34
if you suspect its possibly the remote itself you can use a digital camera to see if its sending

XabiX
08-04-14, 18:14
It don't believe it's the remote itself as I really didn't touch between the upgrade to Zeus.
I can downgrade but then i will not be able to perform any troubleshooting.

How will you do to test the remote with a digital camera?

the remote code mentioned above was a bad hint? meaning that this relates to vu+ control that can be programmed to control other devices right?

Maxwell
08-04-14, 18:25
point a digital camera at the remote IR LED and press remote buttons the camera will see the IR so the IR LED looks lit up on the camera screen

XabiX
08-04-14, 20:46
not sure why and without doing anything the remote control is now working again.

Sorry for this mysterious issue (which I had in the past but as it appeared just after the upgrade I thought the issue was coming from the SW)