PDA

View Full Version : Recorded file type

mike4scuba
07-04-14, 07:24
When the vu+ solo 2 records a programme to hard drive what kind of file type is it, Avi, mp4 ?

Are the file types encrypted so they can only be played by the vu+ or can they be played on a computer

Many thanks

Maxwell
07-04-14, 07:35
its a .ts file and yes can be played on PC easily

Rob van der Does
07-04-14, 07:37
The recording is a complete transportstream (TS), including e.g. teletext.
When using a softcam the file is normally decrypted.
Many players can play the stream, maybe renaming to xx.mpg is required to recognise the file.

mike4scuba
13-04-14, 18:33
The recording is a complete transportstream (TS), including e.g. teletext.
When using a softcam the file is normally decrypted.
Many players can play the stream, maybe renaming to xx.mpg is required to recognise the file.

took the hard drive out of the sat box but when i connoted it to the iMac it said disk format not recognised. same in a windows environment. is there any way to view and watch the files

Rob van der Does
13-04-14, 18:35
Yes: don't take the HDD out, but connect your PC to the box via your LAN.

And if you really want to: there are Ext3/4 drivers for Windows.

thebigdog1985
14-04-14, 19:30
Hey man that happened to me as well, i downloaded a programme called R-Studio which is very useful in recovering files. All you have to do is connect your hard drive to your computer, open up R-Studio and scan your external hard drive, when scan is complete you can then click open drive files. This will then show you all of your recordings you can then copy them to a different hard drive/usb or whatever for viewing, hope this helps.

Larry-G
14-04-14, 19:34
The files dont need to be recovered as they have not gone any where, the user is simply trying to open a linux formatted drive on a none linux OS.

nsw9154
14-04-14, 20:09
i used to copy them on to a USB Drive then transferred them to my pc until i found out how to do it with FileZilla lol:)

Trial
15-04-14, 08:00
Hi,
th quite well know TotalCommander has a plugin which can read several Linux formated hard drives as well.

ciao