PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] bootloader with new Zeus

antwan
07-04-14, 00:19
good evening peeps
just been reading info re my tm twin oe .. the forum states that the new bootloader recently dated ?? (can't find it) should be installed before updating to Zeus image.
I have Installed with old bootloader dated 7/11/12.
Most things seem to be working ok, can anyone advise if I need the recent bootloader.
Thanks
Antwan

judge
07-04-14, 00:24
All bootloaders can be found on http://openvix.co.uk
I think it's only TM that need an update to run current Zeus builds, so if there's a newer bootloader there for your box, I'd use that before flashing Zeus.

antwan
07-04-14, 12:32
Thanks for info
suppose what I'm asking is what advantages will be if 13/4/14 bootloader is used as opposed to the old one .
now running Zeus 21 without changing to latest bootloader, which seems to work flawlessly,
Thanks antwan

Larry-G
07-04-14, 12:38
Thanks for info
suppose what I'm asking is what advantages will be if 13/4/14 bootloader is used as opposed to the old one .
now running Zeus 21 without changing to latest bootloader, which seems to work flawlessly,
Thanks antwan

you wont find a changelog for the bootloader as it's produced by the manufacturer but your receiver will not function property if at all, if you have not previously updated to the latest bootloader.