PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Epg Bug and mgcamd not starting

avi68
06-04-14, 21:21
Hi all,

I updated to vix build 20 this morning and noticed that my mgcamd does not automatically start when doing a reboot or when switching off the box from the rocker switch. Even though it has been set to auto start and it is active it still does not start after a reboot. In older versions it never was a problem. I have to manually go into softcam settings and reboot the softcam in order for it to work again. Once this has been done, it works normally. (same happening on zeus 21)

Second issue I have noticed today since the update is that when going through the epg I get an error and i have got a couple of logs included. (3 from build 20 and 1 from build 21).
It occurs when going down the epg to look at sky box office events, it reboots itself with an error message.

Please can someone check the logs and also see if the mgcamd works for them after a full reboot.Thanks!

Regards

Avi.

judge
06-04-14, 21:25
I can confirm the EPG crash on build 21, I'll open a bug report.
Thanks for letting us know.

avi68
06-04-14, 21:56
I can confirm the EPG crash on build 21, I'll open a bug report.
Thanks for letting us know.

Your welcome dude:thumbsup:

Can you also confirm the problem I was having with the mgcamd not auto starting since the update?

Also something weird just happened, the remote stopped working all of a sudden. I thought it was the batteries, so I put a fresh pair however it still wasn't working. There was no red led working on the remote. Started pushing random buttons but still nothing, then I kept pushing the exit button and it came alive again. Any ideas why this happened? First time this has happened:confused:

judge
06-04-14, 22:13
Sorry, I don't use mgcamd so no idea about that.
Where did you get the version you're using from? & I presume you've checked your config files?

Also, no idea about your remote...

avi68
06-04-14, 22:19
Sorry, I don't use mgcamd so no idea about that.
Where did you get the version you're using from? & I presume you've checked your config files?

Also, no idea about your remote...

I got it from your openvix site. Yep mate, I haven't changed anything except doing an online update from build 19 to 20 and now 21. Config etc all the same.

It's ok mate, no worries, thanks for your help anyways.

Andy_Hazza
06-04-14, 22:21
I can confirm after updating to build 21 mgcamd stops working when restarted. Was working fine in build 18. :(

judge
06-04-14, 22:25
Can ye enable debug logs & upload one? Andy might be able to spot something...

themarkchristie
06-04-14, 23:45
I can confirm I am also getting this error, CCAM wont start automatically and when I scroll down on the EPG or if I page along to see what is on next I get a crash error, I can post some logs tomorrow if needed

This is present in 20 (that I downloaded and clean flashed this morning) and 21 that I updated to

judge
07-04-14, 00:10
I can confirm I am also getting this error, CCAM wont start automatically and when I scroll down on the EPG or if I page along to see what is on next I get a crash error, I can post some logs tomorrow if needed

This is present in 20 (that I downloaded and clean flashed this morning) and 21 that I updated to

No problems with CCcam starting here & EPG bug should be fixed on next online update.
Please do upload debug logs of when a cam doesn't start when you get a chance.

Rob van der Does
07-04-14, 06:59
No problems with CCcam starting here & EPG bug has been fixed in build 22.
Please install CCcam from our feeds.

avi68
07-04-14, 10:02
EPG bug is fixed in build 22. Thanks :thumbsup:

However the cam problem still exists. Cannot give you a debug log as nothing appears.

Andy_Hazza
07-04-14, 10:32
mgcamd problem in build 21 has now been corrected/fixed for me in 22 (Solo2), my Uno has been fine all the way through. :thumbsup:

Sirius
07-04-14, 13:15

However the cam problem still exists. Cannot give you a debug log as nothing appears.

Enable debug from the log manager then reboot, you now have a log, should be stored in home\root\logs

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

avi68
07-04-14, 14:44
Enable debug from the log manager then reboot, you now have a log, should be stored in home\root\logs

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

It's already enabled mate. That's how I gave the epg log from last night.

What I meant is it's not producing a log for that.

boysheff
07-04-14, 19:02
Hi all,

I updated to vix build 20 this morning and noticed that my mgcamd does not automatically start when doing a reboot or when switching off the box from the rocker switch. Even though it has been set to auto start and it is active it still does not start after a reboot. In older versions it never was a problem. I have to manually go into softcam settings and reboot the softcam in order for it to work again. Once this has been done, it works normally. (same happening on zeus 21)

Second issue I have noticed today since the update is that when going through the epg I get an error and i have got a couple of logs included. (3 from build 20 and 1 from build 21).
It occurs when going down the epg to look at sky box office events, it reboots itself with an error message.

Please can someone check the logs and also see if the mgcamd works for them after a full reboot.Thanks!

Regards

Avi.

yep i have the same epg issue and reflashed, was fine, then today i;ve gone to epg and same issues pops up.

boysheff
07-04-14, 19:08
updated to 022, now working brill.

avi68
23-06-14, 17:10
Hello people. I've got the mgcamd start up problem again, when I reboot the box the cam does not start itself, I have to manually restart the cam from the soft cam menu. I'm on Apollo 8.

I'm running mgcamd 1.35a, however I thought it was due to having an old version installed therefore I installed 1.38 from the plugin menu, but it's still the same.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same problem?

Thanks

crackajack
13-08-14, 19:04
Hello people. I've got the mgcamd start up problem again, when I reboot the box the cam does not start itself, I have to manually restart the cam from the soft cam menu. I'm on Apollo 8.

I'm running mgcamd 1.35a, however I thought it was due to having an old version installed therefore I installed 1.38 from the plugin menu, but it's still the same.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same problem?

Thanks

Im having the same problem on my vu+ duo using MGcamd 1.38 (Apollo 23)

avi68
13-08-14, 19:17
Im having the same problem on my vu+ duo using MGcamd 1.38 (Apollo 23)

Ok i figured it out. I've actually gone back to mgcamd 1.35a.

What I did was I stopped mgcamd from the softcam menu, and also disabled the autostart up.

Then I rebooted the box by using the reboot option in the menu.

I then re-enabled mgcamd, and turned on autostart up (you should see the green tick).

I then rebooted the box again from the menu.

Now when the box boots it should automatically start mgcamd. Give it like a minute, and it should kick in.(this method worked for me)

crackajack
14-08-14, 17:50
That works a treat mate Thanks :thumbsup:

avi68
14-08-14, 18:08
That works a treat mate Thanks :thumbsup:

Welcome mate !:D

Larry-G
23-08-14, 10:02
I have been using mgcam 1.35a for over a year, over multiple ViX image builds and it always auto starts for me, with no messing about.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

avi68
23-08-14, 20:41
I've always had a problem with mgcamd not auto starting. The other day I just rebooted the box via the rocker switch at the back and it just wouldn't auto start. Even fresh flash and inputting all my settings manually doesn't really help.

abu baniaz
23-08-14, 21:31
Use these configs
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24555-original-vu-duo&p=182712#post182712

Andy_Hazza
23-08-14, 21:40
I use mgcamd and no issues whatsoever.

bbbuk
23-08-14, 21:50
My Solo2 with apollo 021 mgcamd v1.35 worked fine but then I started messing/experimenting and now I have to restart mgcamd despite it saying it's running.

As I never messed with mgcamd directly I don't know what I done when I messed with other things but clearly I have done something so I am now in middle of doing a fresh image 022 image install but with no restore of backup settings so I can install things manually myself like I did the very first time I installed the image.

avi68
26-10-14, 11:21
Im having a weird issue lately with mgcamd. Im using Mr Misters config file and mgcamd 1.35a. I have not changed anything in a while and everything was working perfectly. Now everytime i watch a freesat channel for like 15 minutes and jump back to an encrypted channel it just stays blank. Same thing happens when I watch something recorded and then switch to an encrypted channel, its just blank. Weird thing is its happening on both my boxes duo and SF8HD. The only way to get it back is to go to the softcam menu and restart the cam. However when I did that this morning after turning on the box it crashed and produced a crash log.

Can someone please check the attached crashlog and tell me why it crashed? Thanks!:thumbsup: