PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Looking For Help Setting Network Mounts Up???

Sirius
06-04-14, 16:16
Hey guys i have a solo 2 in the living room with 1tb hdd, and i have a tm nano oe in the bedroom with no hdd both boxes running zeus 19, i would like to mount the hdd over my wired network so i can accses all my recordings in the bedroom. i have been following this guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29584-Network-Mounts-the-easy-way-with-ViX-3-0 with no luck.

when i mount the solo's hdd using network browser i get the green globe, but unfortunately i can not access the hdd i just get error media/autofs/hdd/cm does not exist i have tried to mount using fstb - enigma2 - old format etc but i still no luck.

I even tried installing samba on both boxes and using cfs mounts but still same does not exist error??

I have now flashed both boxes with zeus 19 no back up so clean installs and wait for a response on hear before i try again as im sure i must be doing something wrong, i can not be this hard to get network mounts set up correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help, Sirus... :thumbsup:

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 16:24
I would set both boxes up to your liking before, installing nfs set up. (I do it that way, as I find sometimes installing plugins and altering setting afterwards loses the mounts)
I also use fstab mount at boot. As I had problems with autofs.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Sirius
06-04-14, 16:33
I also use fstab mount at boot. As I had problems with autofs.

can you give me step by step to getting fstab to work mate whenever i try i just get the does not exist error??

I have set both boxes up how i want them and set image back up on both just need to get this mount working??

ps my current build is 19 dont know why it says 0 at the top.

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 16:37
Install nfs on both boxes
Go to mounts setup.
Mount manager
Add new network mount point
Input your info
Next to server share- type the following: media/hdd/movie

Set your use as hdd replacement to yes on the box with no hdd. Then you can record to the other box.

Here is a screenshot of mine just alter your ip to suit on both boxes

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/06/dydehepu.jpg

Sirius
06-04-14, 16:42
Install nfs on both boxes
Go to mounts setup.
Mount manager
Add new network mount point
Input your info
Next to server share- type the following: media/hdd/movie

Set your use as hdd replacement to yes on the box with no hdd. Then you can record to the other box.

hmm i thought you were going to say that, its exactly what i have been doing, so im not doing it wrong just as i suspect, but after reboot and i try to access the hdd i get error does not exist...

Do i have to do anything on the box with the hdd apart from install nfs??

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 16:43
I have my mounts set up on both boxes

Sirius
06-04-14, 16:52
ok mate will go give it a go again, i have not tried setting up mount on both boxes maybe this is why i get error?? thanks for the help.

Sirius
06-04-14, 17:01
Feeds are down for maintenance so I will have to try later.

So if I try mount on both boxes in server ip I put the ip address of the box with the hdd installed correct??

Also share name can be anything? Or does it have to be my host name of the box with hdd installed??

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 17:12
E.g. the box downstairs put in the ip of the box upstairs.
The box upstairs put in the ip of the box downstairs.
I have my share names as upstairs and downstairs just so I know easily which is which box.

The feeds don't seem to be down for me

Sirius
06-04-14, 18:14
Spot on thanks buddy, feeds still say there down don't know why??

Sirius
06-04-14, 22:14
Still having no luck mounting my solos hard drive upstares ;(

I have tried
Autofs
Fstab
Enigma 2
Old format

Tried just mounting on box upstares, then on both like you advised, then just on box downstairs.

Just can't seem to get it to work, Im going to flash build 20 on both and try again.

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 22:22
Can you take screenshots of your setups?

Sirius
06-04-14, 22:52

This is my settings on the nano upstares

Sirius
06-04-14, 22:56

This is the setting on my solo2 downstairs, this does not go green in mounts, as I have no hdd installed on the nano but I set it up anyway to to try

judge
06-04-14, 23:00
I have HDD of GBQuad mounted on Solo2, never had any issues with it using these settings.

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 23:06

This is the setting on my solo2 downstairs, this does not go green in mounts, as I have no hdd installed on the nano but I set it up anyway to to try

Try to Mount it to media/
only.........not media/hdd/movie
As you have no hdd attached

Sirius
06-04-14, 23:13
I have HDD of GBQuad mounted on Solo2, never had any issues with it using these settings.

Hmm I tried this after installing samba, I sort of got it working until I tried playing a movie then crash, now whenever I try Autofs I always get the media/hdd does not exist error.

judge
06-04-14, 23:15
Hmm I tried this after installing samba, I sort of got it working until I tried playing a movie then crash, now whenever I try Autofs I always get the media/hdd does not exist error.

What build was the crash on & did you upload a crash log?
No issues playing recordings over the mount here, currently on build Zeus 021.

Sirius
06-04-14, 23:17
Try to Mount it to media/
only.........not media/hdd/movie
As you have no hdd attached

Tried this mate still no good.

Also tried just media\ on the nano in the bedroom as well as media\hdd and media\hdd\movie.

Think there must be something up with my network, there has to be something stopping it from working.

Off to bed now give in for tonight, will try again tomorrow after work, thanks for all the help.

Sirius
06-04-14, 23:21
What build was the crash on & did you upload a crash log?
No issues playing recordings over the mount here, currently on build Zeus 021.

I think it was build 16 when crashed, and no I never uploaded it, would upload it now but I have reformatted my hdd thinking it could be corrupt (about 300gb was full of the wifes crap) lol she has not noticed (yet)

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 23:24
It could be worth deleting your network addresses for both boxes then turning your router off for 20 minutes or so. Turn router back on then set up network again.

Just a thought, you have been using static addresses?

Sirius
06-04-14, 23:28
It could be worth deleting your network addresses for both boxes then turning your router off for 20 minutes or so. Turn router back on then set up network again.

Just a thought, you have been using static addresses?

I will give it a go after work tomorrow mate, it must be my network...

My ip is not static it changes every few days just I have my boxes set dhcp off and each have there own address.

judge
06-04-14, 23:28
but I have reformatted my hdd thinking it could be corrupt (about 300gb was full of the wifes crap) lol she has not noticed (yet)

A HDD rarely gets corrupt, shoud be the last step especially if a wife is in the house...

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 23:29
Basically the same, should be fine. Best of luck

Sirius
06-04-14, 23:33
A HDD rarely gets corrupt, shoud be the last step especially if a wife is in the house...

Looool I know tell me about it mate, I'm dreading when she finds out :p

I had lots of folders and subfolders set up, so was thinking it may be something to do with that. But now I realise it was not...

Or well nice clean hdd to start again :thumbsup:

judge
06-04-14, 23:57
I had lots of folders and subfolders set up, so was thinking it may be something to do with that. But now I realise it was not...

No harm in having as many folders as you want on your HDD. If the HDD is formatted correctly by the box, it will rarely ever give issues.
Pity the same can't be said for the other half...

Sirius
07-04-14, 23:00
Just want to say a big thanks for all the help managed to get my network mounts working.

Ended up having to reset my router to factory settings, installed samba cifs share using Autofs and what do ya know worked first time.

Have not tried using nfs yet. But at least it's working using samba.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

ade1970
10-04-14, 04:02
Interesting thread as have just set my duo 2 up using the dlna plugin & transcoding plugin and bingo!.. media servers visible and working/streaming etc :)