PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Expert help needed setting up Vu Duo - will pay for support...

Sparky81
06-04-14, 00:23
I've recently bought a Vu Duo box (500gb HDD) from WOS and have the latest Vix image flashed and been through the set-up guide, and whilst the box works for some channels, there is a lot that isn't working correctly.

I'm completely new to this and have no understanding of how to configure my box to work as I'd like it. I was hoping that I could gradually learn how to use this box, however after a couple of weeks I have a very basic understanding, but not good enough to get things right.

I'm quite busy with work, so I do not have time to spend hours & hours figuring this out for myself, so I was hoping someone could help...

Would anyone how is completely clued up on Vu Duo / Vix be able to spare a few hours taking me through the set-up and configuration (e.g. via Skype) to get this working correctly (and help me better understand what I'm doing)? I'd see this being a case of running a factory reset and starting from scratch.

I'd be willing to pay for someone's time to do this - if this would be of interest to you, please PM me and we can hopefully come to an agreement on this. I live in Wallingford (South Oxfordshire), so if anyone is local and could come round, that would also work.

boysheff
06-04-14, 09:20
have you tried to look in the vix support tab on top? there is guides to support from beginning to the end? am new to all this myself and have learned a few things from this forum & Google. it took me sometime to set mine up, but you must remain calm and plenty of time. also Google what you are looking and there's tone of info and websites that can support with what you are looking for (if am right in thinking that you are looking at certain channels). sorry cant be clear, the forum has rules.

also if you give more detailed info about what exactly you are having issues with and what support you require, we all on the form will try to support, within reason.

Rob van der Does
06-04-14, 10:10
First tell us which build you're on; build '0' isn't very likely......

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 10:32
As boysheff said if you go into detail about what problems you are having, I will gladly help out as best as I can.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Sparky81
06-04-14, 16:40
Ah - my build number was supposed to say 018. I agree that I can probably find out what I need to know via guides / forums, however I can't really afford to spend all my free time researching this, so would rather just pay someone to help me.

Thankfully I've had some offers, so hopefully I'll be getting this sorted.

Cheers

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 16:45
What are the faults?
What are you looking for?

Sparky81
06-04-14, 16:54
FTA channels not working, some with sound, but no pic (and vice versa) etc. As mentioned, I've hopefully got some help sorted for this - I've tried using guides, and whilst the steps are fairly easy to follow, I don't really understand what I'm doing.

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 17:01
Well hopefully you'll get sorted if not report back and I'm happy to help.

seame
06-04-14, 17:10
You'll never understand what you are doing unless you try yourself.

Sparky81
06-04-14, 17:36
Thanks for your feedback on this all - I've lined up help via Skype, so hopefully I can learn whilst going through everything.

Sparky81
06-04-14, 21:09
MASSIVE thanks goes out to satcat for helping me - my box is now working correctly!

mickyblueys
06-04-14, 21:24
That's great, but do you understand where you were going wrong, so that for future problems you have a good chance of sorting it yourself.

cwebb66
07-04-14, 21:19
well done to the both of you on getting it running

Sparky81
09-04-14, 22:14
I think the previous issues were with my LNB settings (not set to Universal) and my poor set-up of the EPG. I think I've got a better understanding now, but still plenty to learn (such as how to get ITV HD working!)...

judge
09-04-14, 22:32
(such as how to get ITV HD working!)...

Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker
Set that up to your preffered region & run a scan.
ITV HD will be picked up & placed in your Entertainment bouquet (If using a UK region)