PDA

View Full Version : Sundtek DVB-T USB tuner stick

Huevos
10-11-10, 21:27
Hi, I've bought a stick which looks like it is a rebranded Sundtek tuner stick (photo attached). I plugged it in and then ran the following commands over telnet:

cd /tmp
wget http://www.sundtek.de/media/sundtek_installer_development.sh
chmod 755 sundtek_installer_development.sh
sundtek_installer_development.sh
cd /usr/script
DVB_T_Tuner_autostart.sh
No errors came up and it appeared to install ok... but I can't see the tuner. What could be wrong?

irishchris
10-11-10, 21:30
reboot and it will be in your tuner config

Huevos
10-11-10, 21:50
Chris, I've tried a soft reboot and a hard reboot and there is nothing there, except tuner A and tuner B.

irishchris
10-11-10, 21:54
hi mate
try installing this control panel http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3454-Sundtek-control-centre-for-dvb-t-dvb-c-media-tv-pro-tuner-on-vu-tested-on-vix-1.2&highlight=sundtek
then enable dvb-t start and then dvb-t autostart and do full reboot

Huevos
10-11-10, 22:09
Chris, could you give me a quick rundown on how to install that. Do I FTP it to the box? Where do I put it? How do I open/install it?

Sorry for the stupid questions!

irishchris
10-11-10, 22:16
ftp it to tmp folder in vu+.
if using vix 1.2 image go to setup then vix then ipk installer and press ok.
if using other image telnet into box and type -> ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk
reboot box and it will appear in extensions on blue button as sundtek control centre

Huevos
10-11-10, 22:45
Ok, I get a message: Unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 ... so I FTPed to /dev/dvb and the only folder inside is /adapter0
Where have I gone wrong?

irishchris
10-11-10, 23:27
? no it is supposed to be ftp to temp folder. best you could do is reinstall driver from here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3117-sundtek-dvb-t-c-usb-vix-driver&highlight=sundtek
ftp it again to tmp folder and install in same way as post 6. then install sundtek control centre as described above and enable dvb-t autostart and reboot

Huevos
10-11-10, 23:51
Chris, we are at cross purposes. I installed everything as you said. Pressed the blue button, selected control centre, selected start DVB-T in the control centre, and then that message appeared (Unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0) and Enigma rebooted. I've tried a few times and every time I try to start DVB-T that message comes up and Enigma reboots. So it looks like the software to control the device hasn't installed properly even though there were not any error messages. Just out of interest can you look at that location in your box and see if your software ended up there.

irishchris
10-11-10, 23:57
yes dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 exists in mine. never came accross anything like that that is why im unsure what is wrong with yours? honestly if you do a quick reflash and do this procedure again http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3117-sundtek-dvb-t-c-usb-vix-driver&highlight=sundtek. then eith run script in telnet DVB_T_Tuner_autostart.sh or install the sundtek control centre extension and run the autostart from that after you install drivers.

also what image are you using. i have tested and installed several times on system with vix 1.1 and 1.2 and pli. have not tested other images so can not verify them.

cheers,
Chris

Huevos
11-11-10, 00:55
Ok Chris, it's still displaying that message when I try to start it from the control centre... and that folder is still missing.

Here are the steps I took:

Flashed the box from front USB with VIX V1.2
Gave the box a static IP
FTPed the driver to /tmp
Did setup then vix then ipk installer and the software said successful install
Did hard reboot
FTPed the control centre to /tmp
Did setup then vix then ipk installer and the software said successful install
Did hard reboot
Pressed blue button and selected control centre
Selected "start DVB-T" and the box came up with the message: "Unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0"

bob1
11-11-10, 08:48
Maybe its not a re-branded Sundtek tuner stick at all ,how much was it?

Huevos
11-11-10, 09:22
Maybe not (50€) but it looks identical. Anyway would the software not install if the device were the wrong one? I mean could you load the software without the device plugged in? Or is the device part of the install process?

irishchris
11-11-10, 10:45
yyou could install the software no problem without the tuner as it simply looks for vtuner in setup. it does seem from your screenshot and what you are saying that it is all installed correctly. was going to suggest a faulty sundtek tuner but looking at the price you suggested it appears to be a non genuine tuner perhaps??

Huevos
11-11-10, 11:52
yyou could install the software no problem without the tuner as it simply looks for vtuner in setup. it does seem from your screenshot and what you are saying that it is all installed correctly. was going to suggest a faulty sundtek tuner but looking at the price you suggested it appears to be a non genuine tuner perhaps??Chris, what I am getting at is that folder that appears on your box after the install doesn't appear on mine. If the software doesn't need the device plugged in to install it must be a software fault, but what, who knows.

Also when I flashed the box last night I lost CCcam. Now it is telling me "no new plugins found" so I can't reload it. To me it looks like the plugins server must be empty because the box is accessing the internet fine.

irishchris
11-11-10, 12:48
Chris, what I am getting at is that folder that appears on your box after the install doesn't appear on mine. If the software doesn't need the device plugged in to install it must be a software fault, but what, who knows.

Also when I flashed the box last night I lost CCcam. Now it is telling me "no new plugins found" so I can't reload it. To me it looks like the plugins server must be empty because the box is accessing the internet fine.

it is a known issue with vix 1.2 when you first flash it. you need to do a software update from the setup menu of vix under software management and when it updates and reboots you will have your plugins list back on server.
does seem to be a problem at your end alright either software or hardware. surprised if it is a driver update problem from sundtek though as the installer actually connects to sundtek.com to get the latest driver while installing. also i have installed it on mine and my brothers vu+ and both installed straight away. also i have installed it on my own several times as i have changed and updated images with the exact same setup as i described here.
it seems to me a problem with hardware which is causing prob with driver setup but i have no way to know for sure other than if you knew anyone with a vu+ or dm who could try installing it on theirs and see if it is a hardware problem.

Huevos
11-11-10, 17:56
it seems to me a problem with hardware which is causing prob with driver setupChris, thanks for the info.

I've got a question for you. When you installed the driver was the device plugged in to the USB port... Or did you plug it in later? What I'm getting at is does the software do any testing of the device during the install process.

One other thing... I've forgotten the correct location for CCcam.cfg.

Huevos
11-11-10, 18:01
at the price you suggested it appears to be a non genuine tuner perhaps??Well the shop is 14 days refund so they can have it back if it doesn't work. The point I am really getting at though is if the tuner is not required for the install why is some of the software missing after the install? i.e. the folder that you have on your box after the install that I do not?

irishchris
11-11-10, 18:06
Well the shop is 14 days refund so they can have it back if it doesn't work. The point I am really getting at though is if the tuner is not required for the install why is some of the software missing after the install? i.e. the folder that you have on your box after the install that I do not?
yes i understand what you mean mate wish i could do more but without having it here to test i cant :(
also i did have my sundtek usb inserted in rear usb port before i ran the installation

also ccam.cfg goes in var/etc

Huevos
11-11-10, 18:23
Ok, I've got CCcam working again now, after loading "update software". From the photo would you say the device looks the same as the Sundtek? I think I'll have one more go and if not I will return it and buy the Sundtek from Germany.

Anyway thanks for the help and even if it doesn't work it's helped me learn plenty about Linux receivers in general which up until this week I'd never touched before.

irishchris
11-11-10, 18:34
Ok, I've got CCcam working again now, after loading "update software". From the photo would you say the device looks the same as the Sundtek? I think I'll have one more go and if not I will return it and buy the Sundtek from Germany.

Anyway thanks for the help and even if it doesn't work it's helped me learn plenty about Linux receivers in general which up until this week I'd never touched before.

looks similar other than the sundtek media tv pro ones are black. it is the media tv pro {89Euro} and not the media digital model {79 Euro} you have as vu+ only supports the media tv pro at moment. ref
http://sundtek.com/shop/Nach-Marke/Hersteller/Sundtek-Devices/

Huevos
11-11-10, 19:13
looks similar other than the sundtek media tv pro ones are blackWell it looks the same. The one in the photo is orange but this one is blue. Spec is the same as the pro, i.e. radio and analogue tv as well as DVB-T. When I plug it in it lights up red (does yours do the same?). Anyway if I can't get it going over the weekend I'll take it back on Monday.

tiopepe
11-11-10, 19:20
Hi, Huevos can you tell me where did you buy that Tuner?

Thanks

Huevos
11-11-10, 19:29
Hi, Huevos can you tell me where did you buy that Tuner?Media Merkt... I'll post back if I ever manage to get it to work.