PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] How to change what the colour buttons do on the epg?

stewartie4
04-04-14, 00:28
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me.
I want to change what the colour buttons on the EPG do, right now red does IMDB search, greed add timer etc. How can I change green to planner etc.
I've tried multiquickbutton but it doesn't work!
Thanks

papa2
04-04-14, 16:33
It should work , thats what I'm using on 3.0.808

stewartie4
04-04-14, 21:06
what version? I've remapped the green button on the epg in multiquickbutton but it has no effect!

stewartie4
05-04-14, 16:37
Bump ...... can anyone help me?

papa2
05-04-14, 17:27
Dont know what version it is , but downloaded it from from the plugin feeds

stewartie4
05-04-14, 17:46
That's where I got mine but it doesn't work
And you've used it to remap epg colour buttons?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

stewartie4
05-04-14, 23:02
Is there even a way that I can ftp into the box and change the keymap manually?

Thanks guys!

judge
05-04-14, 23:15
What exactly are you trying to do & why?

stewartie4
05-04-14, 23:57
I am trying to remap the bottom 4 colour buttons on my epg, as shown below:
Right now it is IMDB search which is not needed in any way for my family, add timer and add auto timer, which the dedicated record button covers. I think this space could be far better used for a link to recorded programs etc. So what I would like to know is how can I remap these colour buttons to do what I want.
Thanks

judge
06-04-14, 00:19
Right now it is IMDB search which is not needed in any way for my family, add timer and add auto timer, which the dedicated record button covers.

The add auto timer & auto timer using the record button currently have different defaults on a fresh flash. Both handy for different auto timer types.

I think this space could be far better used for a link to recorded programs etc. So what I would like to know is how can I remap these colour buttons to do what I want.
Thanks
The filelist button (one button press) is a much better option for previously recorded shows. Not sure why you'd want two button presses? EPG then filelist?

These button presses are currently hardcoded into the image. If you come up with a good enough reason to configure them, I'm sure Andy will consider it, saying that & IMO we have way too many config options in the first place...

stewartie4
06-04-14, 00:27
The add auto timer & auto timer using the record button currently have different defaults on a fresh flash. Both handy for different auto timer types.

The filelist button (one button press) is a much better option for previously recorded shows. Not sure why you'd want two button presses? EPG then filelist?

These button presses are currently hardcoded into the image. If you come up with a good enough reason to configure them, I'm sure Andy will consider it, saying that & IMO we have way too many config options in the first place...

I know there may be good reasons for the buttons being that way, but for me the IMDB option is a waste of space, and the auto timer buttons, at least for my uses are covered with the dedicated record button, however while the file list button does the job I think it is much more intuitive to have a planner button on screen like sky (which is what we are all used to anyway) , so if there isn't a plugin that does the job and if it is hard coded It would be great if someone could point me to the files to edit and I'll do it manually, it really is a big sticking point for me at the minute :)

Thanks for the reply!

judge
06-04-14, 00:39
Have a look at /usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml
Be aware that any changes you make will be overwritten on an image update though.

The skin you're using also has lots of useless graphics, maybe better off moving on from SKY as you're not using a SKY box?

stewartie4
06-04-14, 00:45
Thanks man I'll take a look! The skin I'm using is Blue HD 2 and we all love it I'm actually trying to make my solo2 look as close to sky as possible because I live with 2 elderly people that shutdown at change lol

judge
06-04-14, 01:10
Thanks man I'll take a look! The skin I'm using is Blue HD 2 and we all love it I'm actually trying to make my solo2 look as close to sky as possible because I live with 2 elderly people that shutdown at change lol

Blue HD 2 is a great skin but I'm not a fan of useless images included that do nothing.
On a SKY box, I presume you can navigate them? no idea as it's a few years since I (or elderly folks) used a SKY box for anything but ripping out its HDD.

Once you forget how SKY do things, your two elderly people will probably do too...

judge
06-04-14, 01:17
Also, remember that SKY have millions if not billions to invest in UI.
With nothing but time to invest, I'd think Andy is doing a much better job with ViX than SKY do anyday.

stewartie4
06-04-14, 01:28
Also, remember that SKY have millions if not billions to invest in UI.
With nothing but time to invest, I'd think Andy is doing a much better job with ViX than SKY do anyday.
ViX is THE reason I bought a £300 box and not a £30 box, it makes me wonder what sky pays people for when vix is so good! as for the useless images, they may not have a functional use, but they make the UI complete in my opinion, the aim of the theme is to mirror sky and it does it fantastically!

Now if I could only get green to remap to the file list and get auto timers to look for a program every day of the week instead of just on the day it was set by default then it would be perfect!

Thanks for your help man, using keymap.xml looked promising but it's not working I think the skin may have its own keymap - i'll get there in the end!

judge
06-04-14, 01:41
ViX is THE reason I bought a £300 box and not a £30 box, it makes me wonder what sky pays people for when vix is so good!
Don't think SKY sell any £30 boxes unless they tie you into a long term contract to get the cash back?

as for the useless images, they may not have a functional use, but they make the UI complete in my opinion, the aim of the theme is to mirror sky and it does it fantastically!

Images that pretend to do something but do nothing are pretty useless in my opinion. I don't think they mirror SKY? If I was paying SKY, I'd expect those image buttons to work.

Now if I could only get green to remap to the file list and get auto timers to look for a program every day of the week instead of just on the day it was set by default then it would be perfect!

Try blue button press when in ViX EPG rather than record button, or set autotimer defaults how you like. Something I don't think a SKY box can do?

Thanks for your help man, using keymap.xml looked promising but it's not working I think the skin may have its own keymap - i'll get there in the end!
You probably need to do an E2 restart after every try & change, pain... but required.

judge
06-04-14, 01:51
Some plugins might also change defaut ViX EPG buttons, have a look at how tmbdinfo works.
Not a plugin I use, but might point you towards what you want.

E2 Boxes should probably be used by those that don't want to be tied town to SKY or any other provider boxes.

stewartie4
06-04-14, 02:23
Don't think SKY sell any £30 boxes unless they tie you into a long term contract to get the cash back?

Images that pretend to do something but do nothing are pretty useless in my opinion. I don't think they mirror SKY? If I was paying SKY, I'd expect those image buttons to work.

Try blue button press when in ViX EPG rather than record button, or set autotimer defaults how you like. Something I don't think a SKY box can do?

You probably need to do an E2 restart after every try & change, pain... but required.

You can pick up a 500gb sky hd box for around £30 on ebay, but I was referring to a cheap chinese receiver.
The image at the top is there to copy what the sky tv guide looks like, if you compare my sc with a sky tv guide they're pretty similar. Obviously it is a working menu on a sky HD box but on here it's just an image, you may say useless, but if a GUI only had images that served a function we would have some pretty crappy looking computers! lol

Autotimer lets you set defaults but gives no options on the days it should scan, a series link feature should default to always checking every day for a new episode IMHO. I know you can configure it manually with the blue button, but it would be nice to have it set as a default.

I've been doing E2 Reboots and changing <key id="KEY_GREEN" mapto="timerAdd" flags="m" /> to <key id="KEY_GREEN" mapto="movieList" flags="m" />
which is having no effect. A bit of research and perseverance tomorrow should get the job done, thanks for the help Judge!

papa2
06-04-14, 14:28
Sorry m8 I've misunderstood , I used multiquick button to remap the remote control colour buttons not the epg buttons

stewartie4
06-04-14, 18:05
Sorry m8 I've misunderstood , I used multiquick button to remap the remote control colour buttons not the epg buttons
No worries It's probably my explanation of my problem that caused the confusion!

judge
06-04-14, 18:23
Autotimer lets you set defaults but gives no options on the days it should scan, a series link feature should default to always checking every day for a new episode IMHO. I know you can configure it manually with the blue button, but it would be nice to have it set as a default.

Long press green for the AutoTimer screen, then press menu, you can edit new timer defaults from here.

garryboy
06-04-14, 18:45
Long press green for the AutoTimer screen, then press menu, you can edit new timer defaults from here.

Hi judge

Will changing the new timer settings effect the behaviours of the using the red record button whilst in the graphical egg.

For example when I'm in the epg and I press the red record button I get options add timer or add auto timer. I would like to be able to select add auto timer and for it to be able to record by default on any day of the week.

Can this be done

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

judge
06-04-14, 18:55
Hi judge

Will changing the new timer settings effect the behaviours of the using the red record button whilst in the graphical egg.

For example when I'm in the epg and I press the red record button I get options add timer or add auto timer. I would like to be able to select add auto timer and for it to be able to record by default on any day of the week.

Can this be done

A far as I know it should be possible, have a look at Filters (yellow button), in the Edit new timer defaults screen.

garryboy
06-04-14, 19:32
A far as I know it should be possible, have a look at Filters (yellow button), in the Edit new timer defaults screen.

Had a look in this and tbh I've no idea what enabling these filters actually does.

If anyone knows how to change the default I'd be very happy to hear

judge
06-04-14, 19:41
If anyone knows how to change the default I'd be very happy to hear

Yeah, they're a bit confusing... Try:
Set enable Filtering to yes. Then set Filter to on Weekday.
Then blue button for new, choose include & set that to weekday.

Not sure if that's eactly right as it's been a while since I tried them.

garryboy
06-04-14, 19:46
Yeah, they're a bit confusing... Try:
Set enable Filtering to yes. Then set Filter to on Weekday.
Then blue button for new, choose include & set that to weekday.

Not sure if that's eactly right as it's been a while since I tried them.

Yeh that's fine for using the blue button for auto timer and un checking only on a weekday but what I would like to be able to change is the defaults of using the red record button whilst in the epg as currently it will only record on the single day that auto-timer is chosen

But tbh I don't think this can be done. I've been searching for months lol

stewartie4
06-04-14, 20:12
Yeh that's fine for using the blue button for auto timer and un checking only on a weekday but what I would like to be able to change is the defaults of using the red record button whilst in the epg as currently it will only record on the single day that auto-timer is chosen

But tbh I don't think this can be done. I've been searching for months lol

I've ran into this issue too, it seems like a massive oversight that you can set the defaults to everything except change that option, it would make the autotimer plugin perfect!