PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Speed issues and button mapping

shotgun1
03-04-14, 15:38
Hi,

I installed zeus build 005 but went back to openRSI as I found it quicker and more responsive. Are the newer builds of Zeus designed to be quicker?

also is it possible to change the behaviour of what the the <- and -> buttons on remote do please? thanks.

kevdoc
03-04-14, 18:48
Must say I find the box response to the remote a lot slower with the new zeus firmware. I have it running on my new 800 hd ue+. Gigablue quad is still running older vix before Zeus. Much more responsive imo. I think I read somewhere about it having something to do with the button mapping for long press. Basically the box responds on realise of the button rather than the press of the button.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

marty
03-04-14, 19:02
AFAIK GB are working on newer drivers, its not due to Zeus but because Zeus uses GB's latest drivers :)
And yes the 800 UE+ is VERY slow!!!!!!!! I'm hoping for that to change soon :)

andyblac
03-04-14, 20:34
as marty said, it is a bug in GB drivers. in vix i use a 'release' action for some commands. but GB drivers do not like anything other than a press action. GB are working on a fix.

shotgun1
03-04-14, 23:08
Hey Andy, would it be possible to revert to "press" actions for those commands till GB resolve?

many thanks. the image is super otherwise, love what it comes with ...just a shame GB off the pace.

Rob van der Does
04-04-14, 05:29
This is not possible, as the same keymap is being used for all the boxes we support.

judge
16-04-14, 23:58
Please try todays drivers with Zeus 022.

http://archiv.openmips.com/gigablue-drivers-3.3.8-2.0-gbquad-20140416.zip