PDA

View Full Version : new tuner question

bepto
03-04-14, 10:45
I have just ordered a twin tuner module for my Duo2 from the sponsor (hope it arrives by the weekend).

These are plug and play I assume so easy to install? Don't have the new Zeus image flashed yet so was thinking of installing tuner then re-flashing with Zeus, is that a good idea?

I have only 3x feeds from the dish and wont be getting another for a while so in the meantime how best to connect the 3 feeds to the 4x tuners please?

Rob van der Does
03-04-14, 11:33
Yes, P & P.
Yes, upgrading to Zeus is a good idea.

Feeds: 3 feeds to 3 tuners, the 4th tuner set as loopthrough to tuner 3.
So e.g. feeds to tuners A, B & C and tuner D set as loopthrough to C).

DaMacFunkin
03-04-14, 13:52
Is it not just easier to leave tuner 4 not configured? What is the advantage of having tuner 4 set as looped through?

Rob van der Does
03-04-14, 14:28
Easier? What's the 'work' you need to do? Just make a setting......
It will allow the 4th tuner to tune to transponders that are in the same 'quadrant' as tuner 3 is tuned to. So some extra options for free.
Why buy a dual tuner and not use it :confused:

DaMacFunkin
03-04-14, 17:11
I thought you said that the duo2 drivers weren't actually allowing quadrant loop through and they probably never will?

Rob van der Does
03-04-14, 17:17
I thought you said that the duo2 drivers weren't actually allowing quadrant loop through and they probably never will?
1- That was about loop-out of the single tuner board
2- That has been fixed with a recent driver release
3- I can't imagine I've said that I think it will never work?

DaMacFunkin
03-04-14, 17:44
Ah sorry didn't realise that dual tuner loop through wasn't affected and it was just single tuner loop through, what you actually said about that was:-
"It took VU+ quite some time to produce the present partial fix; we have no idea how long it will take to fully fix the issue (if they do at all)."

Rob van der Does
03-04-14, 18:13
Ah, yes, remember now. So actually they did fix this 2nd issue quite quick (after leaving the issue open for a long time)

bepto
04-04-14, 10:49
So with tuners configured this way how may channels can i record at once whilst watching another? (I'm confused)

Rob van der Does
04-04-14, 11:04
That question can't be answered: there's no fixed limit. It all depends on how the services are distributed over transponders.

Each tuner can tune to one transponder
Each transponder has a number of services (4-10)