PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] Satfinder and Blindscan problem

girginoz
03-04-14, 09:44
When i blindscan a satellite with frequency and symbol rate restrictions : finds no channel including the existing ones .
Furthermore, FTA channels have no video unless a reboot.
That video loss happens when i use satfinder to manually check new frequencies.
(This problem also with openatv 4.0)

girginoz
03-04-14, 21:58
Hmm... Stop any active cam before scanning? :confused:

girginoz
03-04-14, 22:44
Returned to vix 808: same problem.
Flashed zeus 18 form start without any settings and scanned all satellites within reach.
Blindscanned ABS 1/2 which have new transponders out of my reach.
After blindscan it automatically scanned all tps to find no channel.
i was on 2x2 ural before blindscan which now has no a/v and says:

No data on transponder!
(Timeout reading PAT)

Rob van der Does
04-04-14, 05:28
I think you need to tell us exactly what you're doing; the exact steps please.

Anyway: there should be no need to stop any cam before scanning.

girginoz
04-04-14, 08:01
watching 2x2 ural on abs1 (FTA).
i go to satfinder and check every tp for signal. no signal on lower band tps.
finding a signal i press ok to scan that tp: no channel found and a/v gone for all fta channels on all satellites, though you have signal.
after rebooting i go to blindscan and limit frequency and symbolrate as 11700-12750/4-45mhz.
at the final stage of blindscan it scans found tps, including the one 2x2 urals,but finds no channel.
when i return to the channel i was watching its blank and no voice.
i press 0 ,return turksat, but still:

No data on transponder!
(Timeout reading PAT)
all these take so long that when i press post quick reply i have to reboot err re-sign in

girginoz
04-04-14, 20:17
seems ill have to use another box for blindscan and satfinding

Huevos
06-04-14, 14:04
Sorry, but that satellite is below the horizon for ViX team members with GB receivers so impossible for any of us to replicate the issue.

girginoz
06-04-14, 15:05
Sorry, but that satellite is below the horizon for ViX team members with GB receivers so impossible for any of us to replicate the issue.
OK, ill try aonther one for you
btw, this log may have an indication

girginoz
06-04-14, 18:37
i must admit there is a special situation here on abs 2:
manually entered tp 12523 H 30000: signal level is snr 17% but all channels are clear
(Breaking point for sd is snr 23%)
Probably thats my bug:D
will check other satellites but no similar issue yet.
(as for the horizon, i thougt it was 75 degrees east or west of where you were)

girginoz
07-04-14, 14:02
solved my problem erasing the lower band transponders ( all were out of my reach)
this way no problem with blindscan or satfinder.
but the problem is still there: a bandfull of tps without signal may lock the box.

Huevos
08-04-14, 01:51
as for the horizon, i thougt it was 75 degrees east or west of where you wereDepends on latitude. Anyway most of the UK and where I am is in the western hemisphere so we are more than 75º from that satellite. And most people don't have a setup that can get down anywhere near the horizon.

girginoz
08-04-14, 07:07
Depends on latitude. Anyway most of the UK and where I am is in the western hemisphere so we are more than 75º from that satellite. And most people don't have a setup that can get down anywhere near the horizon.

it was not personal and no offend intended, i could not know where you or other team members were.
i still dont understand what blindscan has to do with satellites.xml like satfinder or positioner.

girginoz
18-04-14, 09:12
edit.......