PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Zeus image flash went awry

Redkite
01-04-14, 20:25
Hi there, is there an instruction doc for flashing the new Zeus images? Had a quick look around, didn't see anything so went ahead.
I flashed v0.16 , it wants me to reconfigure everything, LNB's the lot and can't restore settings van my 3.0.808 backup. It just seem to freeze in the thrown paint screen.
Starting from scratch again is not what I'm looking for!
Anyway, have just reflashed back to 3.0 and everything seems fine. Seems I need to read the manual first.
Thanks, Stu

Larry-G
01-04-14, 20:27
The flashing procedure for Zeus exactly the same as ViX 3.0, as for restoring backups we disabled that feature as restoring a backup from ViX 3.0 to Zeus will cause a lot of problems, ( hence the announcement on the forum and via our twitter account ).

Redkite
01-04-14, 20:33
So you're saying I do have to start from scratch and basically set up the box as I did when it first arrived?

barry2012
01-04-14, 20:37
Hopefully this helps

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25647&d=1367757818

I had Teathing problems take ur time make sure you save all files and downloads
to a specified folder to reuse if ur mess up

Redkite
01-04-14, 20:41
I have a Solo 2, as this is the solo 2 forum :-). I know how to flash, have done it many times. I'm just trying to find out what flashing to Zeus entails.

barry2012
01-04-14, 20:57
Thought it would be the same process as i done it myself pretty easy and am really bad at doing this type thing
Enter usb :- with bootloader
with box switched off
switch on
press ok :- done
replace bootloader with update flash file
then enter into box switch box on press ok on prompt:--then updated
theres files in plugin section that i downloaded i needed for catseyes settings and satelite

Larry-G
01-04-14, 21:16
So you're saying I do have to start from scratch and basically set up the box as I did when it first arrived?

yes, Zeus and ViX 3.0 are two very different images, even if its not apparent to the end user, backups made on one are not compatible with the other.

Larry-G
01-04-14, 21:18
Thought it would be the same process as i done it myself pretty easy and am really bad at doing this type thing
Enter usb :- with bootloader
with box switched off
switch on
press ok :- done
replace bootloader with update flash file
then enter into box switch box on press ok on prompt:--then updated
theres files in plugin section that i downloaded i needed for catseyes settings and satelite

There is no bootloader update for the solo2, just flash the image then setup from scratch. you can however backup any configuration files via a FTP session if needed.

nsw9154
01-04-14, 21:41
i am a Total novice with Linux boxes when i bought my solo2 nearly a month ago i did not have a clue :confused:

but by reading some of the articles and posts from this site and some Help from some fantastic people on here i am learning fast

i had Vix 3.808 on it when i 1st received it and i did not want to upgrade to ZEUS for the same reasons has you, but i bit the bullet saved my settings and instaled ZEUS 8

i had a few miss apps but persevered and now my solo2 is running like a DREAM on ZEUS 18, i still had everything backed up so that i could put 808 back on if i wanted

but i deleted 808 when i was on ZEUS 11 with no Regrets :D :thumbsup:

lemi
01-04-14, 21:44
I have a Solo 2, as this is the solo 2 forum :-). I know how to flash, have done it many times. I'm just trying to find out what flashing to Zeus entails.If you don't try it,you wont really know the deference.I,personally,believe that Zeus is the best image for my GBUE,but.....People clearly have different taste preferences and tolerances.Be your own judge and enjoy this hobby :wave:

Redkite
02-04-14, 06:32
OK, thanks for your replies. I will give it another go at the weekend when I have more time.

Redkite
02-04-14, 11:35
All done and dusted in about 90 minutes. For anyone else out there like me who's not sure what the upgrade to Zeus entails, this is what I did:
Downloaded DB edit en saved my channel lists to PC.
Noted all my LNB settings.
Ran the flash update Zeus V16
Configured basics, adjusted screen size with remote, ran networking wizard, did not run config wizard.
Went to System menu, reconfigured my LNB's en DISH.
Ran a scan on 28E satellites.
Restored my channel lists using DBedit en FTP
Checked everything was as it was
Made a new backup via VIX
Job done, Zeus is looking good, image seems to be of a slightly higher contrast than before, but that may be my imagination.
:thumbsup:

Stu

Rob van der Does
02-04-14, 12:12
Ran a scan on 28E satellites.
Restored my channel lists using DBedit en FTP
That's the wrong order; after uploading your settings the scan result are gone.

Rob van der Does
02-04-14, 12:14
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

Redkite
02-04-14, 12:36
please delete this

Redkite
02-04-14, 12:40
That's the wrong order; after uploading your settings the scan result are gone.

Actually I did do it before the scan, thought that may be wrong because I couldn't find my favourites, so did it again afterwards.
My Solo2 is set up exactly as it was before, and the basics work as I want them, so I may have made a mistake but it's working as it was with the old 808 image and that's what I was looking for.
So learning slowly, but getting there in the end.
Thanks, Stu