PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Fresh flash of Zeus 16 on Solo2 - first boot OK, subsequent boots fail

antiks
01-04-14, 20:20
Hi all,

I've been running ViX 3.0.808 for ages now without a hitch, however tonight I decided to flash Zeus build 16.

The flash completes successfully, then I reboot in to the fresh install and go through the setup wizard. The next time I reboot (or turn off) the box, it fails to boot up and gets stuck on the purple Vu+ bootloader screen.

I've tried flashing again, in a different USB port, and tried disabling the auto-reboot after upgrade and turning off the box manually to remove the USB key however it's always the same.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be happening?

Kind Regards,
antiks.

Larry-G
01-04-14, 20:24
obvious question first, is the receiver genuine and not a clone ?.

antiks
01-04-14, 20:28
obvious question first, is the receiver genuine and not a clone ?.

Thanks for the speedy reply pheonix.

Yup, it's a legitimate Solo2 purchased from world-of-satellite.co.uk in June last year :)

If it helps, downgrading back to 3.0.808 works a treat.

I've also just tried loading up Zeus 16, then using software updater to go to build 18 before rebooting but the same happens.

Thanks,

antiks.

IAmATeaf
01-04-14, 22:26
Purple screen? How is the box connected to the TV?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Larry-G
01-04-14, 23:16
Thanks for the speedy reply pheonix.

Yup, it's a legitimate Solo2 purchased from world-of-satellite.co.uk in June last year :)

If it helps, downgrading back to 3.0.808 works a treat.

I've also just tried loading up Zeus 16, then using software updater to go to build 18 before rebooting but the same happens.

Thanks,

antiks.

strange one mate, my own solo2 in fact all of my e2 receivers are running Zeus without a problem, i have certainly never encountered the error your describing.

antiks
02-04-14, 13:17
strange one mate, my own solo2 in fact all of my e2 receivers are running Zeus without a problem, i have certainly never encountered the error your describing.

I'll wait for another build to be published and then try again. If you have any further troubleshooting steps (or devs want to test something) just let me know.

Purple screen? How is the box connected to the TV?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It's connected via HDMI.

The purple screen is the Vu+ bootloader - it's the Vu+ corporate purple background with the Vu+ logo and then the text "The easy linux receiver" or something along those lines underneath the logo :)

The first boot this screen displays for ~2 seconds, then the Openvix splash screen comes on. Subsequent boots stick on this purple bootloader image. It's almost as if Openvix is wiping the bootloader after it first boots!

antiks
02-05-14, 14:04
It's been a whole months since I last tried to upgrade to Zeus, I'm going to try Helios build #12 this evening and see how I get on.

knight4728
02-05-14, 16:36
Go for helios 012 as Zeus is no longer updated.