PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a solo2 - advice needed!

stewartie4
01-04-14, 19:42
Hi guys I just bought a solo2 from the sponsor which is a major investment for me price-wise. I am now trying to get everything in place to make the box as family friendly as possible as everyone is used to sky hd boxes!
I have a few questions though if anyone could answer:

What theme is this image? It looks exactly like sky and what I'm looking for but I can't find any info anywhere!

Is there a dedicate record button on the solo2? eg. is it easy to highlight an entry in the epg and press record?

Is the series link option reliable?

How easy is the box to use for a family used to sky?

Finally, how easy is it to access recordings, in sky hd there is a planner function, is there something similar here?

Thanks guys!

weirskynet
01-04-14, 19:44
That skin is blue hd 2 and available in the skins section of forum

Record button pretty much from epg you can hit green to add timer and set to weekly or daily etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weirskynet
Living in harmony with his ,
Vu+ Solo2 , 😜👍😛😁

Larry-G
01-04-14, 20:10
You can get a copy of the Blue HD V2 skin here.

http://rossi2000.x10.mx/feeds/enigma2-plugin-skins-blue-hd_2.0.14_all.ipk

FTP this to the /tmp/ directory on you'r receiver.

To install it, press the blue button then go to ViX > install local extension.

to activate the skin once the receiver reboots go to Menu> setup> system> user interface> skin setup.

jonnyflash
01-04-14, 21:42
I use that one, it's great, recommend it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stewartie4
01-04-14, 23:45
You can get a copy of the Blue HD V2 skin here.

http://rossi2000.x10.mx/feeds/enigma2-plugin-skins-blue-hd_2.0.14_all.ipk

FTP this to the /tmp/ directory on you'r receiver.

To install it, press the blue button then go to ViX > install local extension.

to activate the skin once the receiver reboots go to Menu> setup> system> user interface> skin setup.
....and you read my mind and answered my next question before I asked it! I guess us N00bs tend to ask the same questions all the time lol

I was wondering if anyone would answer my other questions eg. is the box easy to use/ family friendly and does series link work well.

Thanks all!

Larry-G
01-04-14, 23:49
....and you read my mind and answered my next question before I asked it! I guess us N00bs tend to ask the same questions all the time lol

I was wondering if anyone would answer my other questions eg. is the box easy to use/ family friendly and does series link work well.

Thanks all!

Linux boxes are never going to be plug and play, they always require a certain level of maintenance from time to time, but with a little reading and asking questions when needed, you will be fine.

as for being user friendly, ViX is the only option for a truly user friendly experience in my opinion, but thats not to say you wont say the same, so try a few images for your self and pick the one that suites your needs.

judge
01-04-14, 23:53
That looks more like Fraggles? skin, not Blue HD. You should be able to find a download link on the forum somewhere...
As for the other questions, yes the box is easy to use once you get used to it, for some that takes 10 minutes, for others weeks...
Sky type series link is available as auto timers by default on the ViX image.
Recordings are usually found by one button press, so pretty easy.

stewartie4
02-04-14, 23:59
Thank you all so much for the replies, the quality and speed of help here is amazing!
Yes, the picture is off Fraggles skin, not blue HD which is where the problem lies! I prefer the infobar from Fraggles' skin but the EPG from blue HD, is there any way to combine the two?

Thanks for all the responses and help guys!

judge
03-04-14, 00:06
Yes, the picture is off Fraggles skin, not blue HD which is where the problem lies! I prefer the infobar from Fraggles' skin but the EPG from blue HD, is there any way to combine the two?

Not without getting your hands dirty & editing some xml...