PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Duo2 hard drive swap/clone

asgard
31-03-14, 21:48
Hi.
Ive just set up my Vu+Duo2 and installed a spare 2tb baracuda xt 7200 sata 3 3.5 drive.(i spent all my money on the boxes and 2 drives).
It was new in the bag but it is very noisy and ticks/clicks when loading plugins and going through the menus and folders.
Even recording programs you can here it clicking and spinning,its awful.
In my 2 solo2's that i set up at the same time,i put in 2 western digital 1tb 7200 2.5 sata3 drives.These are really silent ,
I was wondering,if i got a western digital 2tb 7200a to match the other drive like for like,could i not just clone everything from the baracuda xt to the new western drive(hgst).
I have an orico usb3 hard drive caddy/cloner.that i use on my pc.could i not just clone everything from the baracuda to the new western digital drive.Then i could just plug the western back in,it would save me heartache in doing a complete reset.
And would it still register the new drive.or would i have to get the box to see the drive
Any help would be greatly app.Thankyou

abu baniaz
31-03-14, 22:04
Welcome to the forum.

Image is installed on flash memeory not HDD. Recordings would be the main item on the HDD. If you want to transfer recordings to any HDD. It does not have to be the same size.