PDA

View Full Version : How to use settings files ?

Tangfolio
31-03-14, 19:53
I have tried a number of the settings files for motorised systems that are available for download in the plugins section of the Vu Duo2 menus but none of them work my positioner, it only seems to work properly when the receiver has scanned the satellites it's self.
Is there any trick to using the ready-made settings files ?

abu baniaz
31-03-14, 20:19
What is the physical setup in terms of:
Number and type of tuners, dish, lnb, switches, number of cables, type of positioner(motor)?

What is the corresponding setup for each tuner that has a cable attached to it?

What is the tuner config for any tuners without a cable attached to it/them?

Tangfolio
01-04-14, 07:55
Tuners A & B, DVB S2 connected to quad LNB on fixed dish pointed to 28.2E.
Tuner C, single DVB S2 with pass-through, connected to Technomate Gold LNB on 1M solid dish mounted on Dragonsat DS-3000 positioner.
All tuners configured as 'simple' with tuner C using USALS.

I have also found that my scanned channel lists keep disappearing the last couple of days.

abu baniaz
01-04-14, 08:56
Channel lists and movement of dish are two separate issues. Can we concentrate on moving the dish properly first? If so,

I presume you have already checked the f-plug is connected fine. They sometimes work loose. No harm in double checking.
Set all tuners as not configured. Conenct the motorised cable to one tuner at a time and set as USALS. Leave all others as not configured. Check motor moves fine an all three tuners. You can use the Positioner setup or select a chanenl.

If motor does not move fine on all three tuners.
Uninstall all the "settings/channel lists" you have installed. Use the plugins section and red button to remove them.
Manually transfer a chanenl list such as Vhannibal's. Use any editor such as Dreamset, Dreamboxedit.
Repeat the one tuner at a time test.

Tangfolio
02-04-14, 10:33
Thanks for the suggestions. Don't know what did it but it seems to be working properly now.
I put the 'Catseye' motorised list back on (I had gone back to scanning satellites as the positioner did work with that method) and checked all connections and moved the positioner onto tuner A and when the box started up again it was working, then moved it back onto tuner C and still working !

So I don't suppose it doesn't matter about the other channel lists if I can use the settings files like the Catseye ones.

I did notice that the only satellite I was getting an EPG on last night was 28.2E, will have a look at CrossEPG settings again.