PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed!

stewartie4
31-03-14, 17:49
Hello guys, I am new here and I was thinking of buying a VU+ Duo box after my sky box packed in.. I was wondering:
1. Is the duo still a good box? I know people talk about the solo2 in high regard too.

2.Is it fast/ snappy to use?

3. Can recordings be easily accessed (eg. a planner function)

4. Are features such a series link and scheduled recording reliable

5. What are bouquets? are these needed? (I searched but am still confused)

6.Is the EPG good? I heard of issues where only now and next would show up, does the EPG require an internet connection?

7. I was thinking if trying the VIX image - is it user friendly/ easy to use?

8. Crucially Is it wife/ family friendly (my family are used to sky+ boxes)

Thank you so much, I know it's a chore for knowledgeable people to help newbies :)

mickyblueys
31-03-14, 18:03
1. Duo is fine I have two, good starter box, not as good as solo 2, but nothing wrong with it.

2. It's not lightning but it's fast enough for a stb

3. All depends what image you use. If you use Vix then yes.

4.Yes if using Vix and if set correctly

5.these are basically lists of channels with there frequencies, yes these are needed, but you can use automated self populating ones now, very easy.

6.7 day epg just like sky box

7.really easy

8.my wife is true dumb blonde, and she can work without problem.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

stewartie4
31-03-14, 18:09
Thanks for the quick and detailed answer! One more question I forgot to ask - how responsive is the remote/ timeshift features? with sky when you press pause/ fast forward it goes instantly and is really responsive however the "skybox" my friend has is very slow with a 2 second delay between pressing pause and it pausing for example.
Thank you!

mickyblueys
31-03-14, 18:29
Timeshift if ok on my two duo's for pausing and such. You can use the seek bar to go pretty instantly back to where you want also which is a nice feature. I do suffer the odd hiccup with timeshift recording, I don't use the feature allot so I can live with it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk