PDA

View Full Version : Software Updates & Cool EPG

Foxylady
31-03-14, 07:28
Good morning,
Can i ask will there be any future Software updates for our duo's or is the duo the no longer supported and instead concentration is being put on the newer boxes that are out their?

As regard Cool EPG, as from approx 5 days ago, it is no longer working.
Is this an issue with the creators of the cool epg or something else.

Thank you

Trial
31-03-14, 07:41
Hi,
have you looked at Zeus? Zeus #16 is the latest ViX which also exists for Duo. Why CoolEPG? ViX already offers a good EPG.

ciao

Rob van der Does
31-03-14, 07:41
As you don't provide us even the most basic information, we have no idea what you're actually asking.

Foxylady
31-03-14, 10:42
Hi rob,
I only use my box for viewing, i don't record or do any fancy stuff haha.
Keep it plain and simple and never a failure.
I am on the Last update freshly flashed Build:- 808, no backup's etc as i keep main thing's i.e. picons etc on hard drive which i will manually install after an image installation.
Anyhow yes! the cool epg i have always used and on the odd occasion it would not work for sy a day at a time.
But recently and still present it is the fifth day and when i go as usual to Settings, System, EPG, the and i have made a name mistake haha, NOT coolepg lol, BUT CrossEPG.
Then i will select Opentvproviders and lastly select yellow for download on 28.2.
The bar comes on, but channel remains on also which it should not do, screen should go to radio image.
It continues as thou it has downloaded the required information, but the epg has not updated at all.
EPG and picons i store on the USB stick and always have.
Like i say definitely something not right currently, maybe crossepg has ceased?
Best wishes

@Trial, thank you for informing me of a new software and it is still VIX which is most important as it is 2nd to none software and in my opinion wipes the floor of any other image.
I will investigate and have a good read up.
Thank you kindly

Larry-G
31-03-14, 10:56
Quite simply we do not have the man power or funds to maintain multiple image revisions, ViX 3.0-808 is now dead and will never again receive updates or upgrades for the Duo or any other receiver, we have moved on to it's successor, Zeus.

Foxylady
31-03-14, 10:59
That explains alot rob.
I have been away for a good few month and noticed the certain things no longer working and thought oh bugger, my loyal duo lef alone.
Now find out a new image by the vix people is out which i may add is going right now on my pendrive lol.
Superb super superb VIX own's.
Thank fella :thumbsup:

Foxylady
31-03-14, 11:49
UPDATE
Now have Zeus running inc software update and all set up, picons on external usb, epg settings to saved to same location.
I updated providers, then i go to Cross epg then opentvproviders.
Now when i select 13e it works, yet on 28 again it says loading data then goes back to opentvproviders box.
Still cross epg not working?

Larry-G
31-03-14, 12:38
Which image build ?, I'm using Build 17 here and CrossEPG is working fine on my receivers.

Rob van der Does
31-03-14, 12:40
Cross works fine for open-TV on 13E & 28.2E

Foxylady
31-03-14, 13:56
Updated to build 17 also via software update and still not having it.
Just helped my family member over phone do fresh install from openvix to openvix zeus on his duo via teamviewer and phone as he clueless and he is all up and running including epg operating the jammy sod.
I have made no changes til new image BUT this has been doing this for approx 5 days now, with the olde vix image also and really is bothering me considering i do everything right.
USB drive is showing in settings, picons are showing form that drive, but crossepg will not do anything.
Best wishes :mad:

Foxylady
31-03-14, 15:54
Currently got epg to work using the XEPGDB providers link in the Crossepg section.
Wether they remain for days ahead i will not know, thus loved crossepg method i mentioned earlier as been using that for approx 3 year now :)

Rob van der Does
31-03-14, 16:27
We tested Cross's Open-TV (for both 28.2E & 13E) extensively and we haven't been able to find any issue.
If it doesn't work for you, and you're sure that both the tuner configuration and Cross have been set up correct), we would need logs to see what is going wrong.

Foxylady
31-03-14, 17:05
Hi Rob,
My tuner configuration as remained the same throu-out.
Motorised on Tuner A on advanced, Standard Single Sky Dish on Tuner B on 28.
I've not sent a log for a long long time, please could you remind me of how to please.
Thank you kindly

Rob van der Does
31-03-14, 17:48
Cross creates it's own log; it's in the Cross folder. You can upload it here as attachment.

Please try Cross again, while playing a recording (so both tuners are free) and see how that goes.

Foxylady
31-03-14, 19:46
I've got nothing to watch as i do not record anything lol.
I have not changed a thing apart from doing the new image which is not the fault as epg would simply not work on 3.0 a week back at most.
Prior to that all fine.
Anyway here is the log, hopefully it may speak to you.
Thank you for your time fella :thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
31-03-14, 21:47
I don't see any import.
Have you set Cross to use Open TV?
Have you actually run an import?

Stanman
31-03-14, 21:47
YOu dont have any USB tuners by any chance do you?

Had similar on my SOLO2 and it was using the usb tuner that failed it.

Foxylady
01-04-14, 00:38
USB tuner?
Only tuners i have are the 2 built in box from new.

Import?
Set Cross to use Open TV?

All i have ever done procedure wise is click on CROSSEPG, then OPEN TV PROVIDERS, i would always make sure green tick is on SKY UK OPENTV on 28.2, then i would press YELLOW for download and this always worked for me.

Has the procedure changed now?

Rob van der Does
01-04-14, 06:29
All i have ever done procedure wise is click on CROSSEPG, then OPEN TV PROVIDERS, i would always make sure green tick is on SKY UK OPENTV on 28.2, then i would press YELLOW for download and this always worked for me.
'Yellow' in providers downloads the one that is highlighted, not any provider with a green thick.
The 'thick in the box' (and saving it) is setting up Cross for Open-TV on 28.2E. If you then go to the main menu and push download, it will download what has been set up.

Foxylady
01-04-14, 07:31
Yes i do that Rob, tick is on 28 and also the light greyed box that sourrouns 28.2 when i highlight it is there and i click yellow.
Been doing this for years fella.
Tried again this morning and still will not do anything.
The XEPGDB providers is only one that is working, and as from this morning i downloaded it yesterday and it still shows the epg, so at least all good their.

I will try hardware in form of different usb pendrive and see if that solves it as i am lost.

Also helped my friend down south via teamviewer and phone install the new Zeus on his Duo as i did my family member.
If you remember my family member i stated yesterday his crossepg worked after fresh install, yet my friends late last night also has same problem i do.
Crossepg would not work in exact same way mine is not doing so.
Thanks

Rob van der Does
01-04-14, 07:55
But again: I don't see any import in your file. It should, and the result should also be visible.

Foxylady
01-04-14, 21:41
Tried diff usb drives and no joy.
The XEPGDB works perfectly thou so at least i have full epg, so can not grumble.

Andy_Hazza
01-04-14, 22:22
do you have a swap file setup on your Duo?

Foxylady
02-04-14, 06:32
Yes on my hard drive as that is only one that would show, usb doesn't, but it has made no difference :)