PDA

View Full Version : Fan settings...

Andyg1988
30-03-14, 22:18
I have the vu solo 2 on vix 808 build my fan running about 1900rpm all day long and the temperature averages about 32c is that healthy? On standby my fan is off. (Usually over night) so in the mornin I've checked it and it's about 33-34c

Larry-G
30-03-14, 22:23
32c is perfectly fine, and nothing at all to worry about.

Rob van der Does
31-03-14, 03:07
That is even very low, so speed could go down .
If you use Fancontrol2 the speed will be regulated automatically.

Andyg1988
31-03-14, 10:01
Where can I find fancontrol2? Also is leāving the fan on 24hr advisable?

Rob van der Does
31-03-14, 10:12
Via the feeds.

nsw9154
31-03-14, 13:26
i am on ZEUS Build 17 now and the temperature & fan speed are still not showing in Fan Control since build 11, mind you temp still shows on the image information page
one other question when in fan control what dose (standby Fan 1 PWM) do, is that a backup program in case Fan 1 PWM fails or is that for boxes with a option to fit a second fan inside

regards norm

marty
31-03-14, 13:30
i am on ZEUS Build 17 now and the temperature & fan speed are still not showing in Fan Control since build 11, mind you temp still shows on the image information page
one other question when in fan control what dose (standby Fan 1 PWM) do, is that a backup program in case Fan 1 PWM fails or is that for boxes with a option to fit a second fan inside

regards norm

Standby fan is for when the box is in standby (off)
We know about the missing bits too, will be sorted soon :thumbsup:

nsw9154
31-03-14, 13:53
thanks for that marty i wondered what it was for so should i set the standby fan the same as 1 pwm or leave it as it is set currently with nothing showing on the bar

regards norm

marty
31-03-14, 14:14
No real point in it being on when in standby :)

nsw9154
31-03-14, 14:29

:o never thought of that Doooo lol :)

Larry-G
31-03-14, 15:29
Actually when the box is in standby its still running at almost full pelt. Only the audio and video outputs have been disabled. Every thing else is still running. I always set my fan to a third for standby use.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
31-03-14, 16:40

Actually when the box is in standby its still running at almost full pelt. Only the audio and video outputs have been disabled. Every thing else is still running.
Exactly. Let alone when the box is recording and or streaming.
For this I find Fancontrol2 an excellent solution: automated speed control, dictated by the actual temperature. No worries (but if you have them, you can see the temperature graph via a browser).

marty
31-03-14, 16:59
Exactly. Let alone when the box is recording and or streaming.
For this I find Fancontrol2 an excellent solution: automated speed control, dictated by the actual temperature. No worries (but if you have them, you can see the temperature graph via a browser).

I always though the fan came on when recording?

Anyway more to the point is fancontrol2 is a good solution then why not have it embedded in VIX for boxes with fans?

nsw9154
31-03-14, 17:00
Thank you for explaining that Rob & pheonix i have set the Standby fan to the same as Fan 1 PWM better safe than sorry as i sometimes have recordings set for when i am in bed :D:thumbsup:

marty
31-03-14, 17:05
Rob, what settings do you recommend? (for the plugin)

Larry-G
31-03-14, 17:08
I always though the fan came on when recording?

Anyway more to the point is fancontrol2 is a good solution then why not have it embedded in VIX for boxes with fans?

Not all boxes with fans have the required hardware needed to support fancontrol2, such as the Duo.

marty
31-03-14, 17:13
Not all boxes with fans have the required hardware needed to support fancontrol2, such as the Duo.

OK, didn't know. I take it only the 4pin types?

marty
31-03-14, 17:22
Found a user manual for Fancontrol2. Might be useful to some :)

Larry-G
31-03-14, 17:24
OK, didn't know. I take it only the 4pin types?

Not 100 percent sure mate, but it should be in the feeds for those receivers that do support it.

Rob van der Does
31-03-14, 17:42
The DUO has no fancontrol at all. Only On/Off is supported.
Quite a lot of the boxes we support do support fancontrol2. Normally that plugin will only show in the feeds of a box if it is supported. But as we don't have all boxes to check, this might not be 100% correct.

And it is actually quite difficult to give an advise on the settings: it's more like being happy with what you do and see.
Speaking for myself, I like low temperatures; that's why I set the temperature rather low. See the screenies of my Ultimo settings.

nsw9154
31-03-14, 17:43
found this in the pdf so it looks like it works with both 3 & 4 pin fans

Function
Automatic regulation of a 3pin or 4pin (PWM) fan.
Based on the average temperature from the 2 highest temperature values.
Slowly regulation, because temperatures do not change too quickly and there should be no unnecessary CPU load.

Rob van der Does
31-03-14, 17:46
Actually the Ultimo, Solo2 & DUO2 have only a 2-pin fan (so no real RPM-sensor). The sensor is emulated in software, hence the setting must be '3-pin'.

moparopkop
16-12-15, 09:22
I have just set up my vu solo 2
With it on and watching TV the temp was sitting around 30 - 32
When I checked it this morning after being in standby it was at 36
Is this to high?

2stein
16-12-15, 10:01
imho everything below 40 is ok.
standby by the way does not save a lot of energy... so there shouldn't be a big difference in temperature.

Larry-G
16-12-15, 17:50
standby by the way does not save a lot of energy... so there shouldn't be a big difference in temperature.

Thats a understatement.
Standby does absolutely nothing other than to cut the video and audio feeds to your TV, every thing else and I do mean every thing else is still running pretty much the same as if you were actually watching tv.

abu baniaz
16-12-15, 19:05
Best to add a power timer to shut box off.

There is absolutely no need to wakeup the box to do EPG at 4 am. Do it whenever it suits you.