PDA

View Full Version : Tuner defaulted to b causing 'check tuner configeration' message

westhammer
30-03-14, 00:57
Been setting up favourites lists this evening but encountered a frustrating problem.

If I select a satellite now and try and select a channel the 'service unavailable - check tuner configeration' error message comes up. When the receiver tries to pull up the channel and you see the channel id etc - its set to tuner b not a (on the right hand side). All the satellites and channels are tuned to 'a' and were working fine until a few moments ago.

I must have altered this at some point by accident. How do I revert back so the unit is defaulting to tuner a and not b?

abu baniaz
30-03-14, 01:03
Channel lists are independent of tuner config.

Double check you config.

westhammer
30-03-14, 01:31
I'm new to this reciever so I may have changed a shortcut setting or something but not consciously - I don't understand it as everything has been fine and working ok. Even tested a recording this afternoon.

If I try and select a channel now it says tuner b not a - I know it said 'a'a previously. I'm assuming that because of this the dish isn't being moved to the desired satellite and that's why I'm getting the above message.

The Tuner set up is exactly as was and hasn't been touched. Tuner A is set to USALs using my longitude and latitude and Tuner B to 'second cable from motorised LNB'.

Any ideas?

Rob van der Does
30-03-14, 06:09
I
The Tuner set up is exactly as was and hasn't been touched. Tuner A is set to USALs using my longitude and latitude and Tuner B to 'second cable from motorised LNB'.
So you indeed have a twin LNB? And the cable to tuner A comes from the motor, and the cable to tuner B comes directly from the second output of the LNB?

westhammer
30-03-14, 09:48
So you indeed have a twin LNB? And the cable to tuner A comes from the motor, and the cable to tuner B comes directly from the second output of the LNB?

I have a motorised dish with one cable attached to LNB input 1. There is nothing going into the 2nd LNB cable input. I was advised this was the correct setting when setting up - what should it be if wrong?

Thx

ronand
30-03-14, 10:07
Set tuner b as disabled if nothing is connected to it.

abu baniaz
30-03-14, 10:23
Set it as loop through to the other tuner.

This way although nothing physically connected, internal loop through will work.

Rob van der Does
30-03-14, 10:42
I'm wondering if reading/understanding English is so difficult? Why would you set 'second cable ....' if you don't have any second cable? This has nothing to do with being knowledgeable about the box, it's simply plain English......

westhammer
30-03-14, 11:08
Thx Abu. I did try this last night after your first configeration suggestion but it didn't resolve the issue.

I set the Tuner B to disabled as per Ronands suggestion and that resolved the issue this morning.

Either way I really appreciate your input on this and the other set up issues I experienced. Many thanks.

Rob van der Does
30-03-14, 11:10
Thx Abu. I did try this last night after your first configeration suggestion but it didn't resolve the issue.
Then you surely didn't set that up correctly. The internal loopthrough does work for the DUO.

westhammer
30-03-14, 11:24
I'm wondering if reading/understanding English is so difficult? Why would you set 'second cable ....' if you don't have any second cable? This has nothing to do with being knowledgeable about the box, it's simply plain English......

Rob, I sense your frustration but I'm new to this receiver and frankly for the novice it is fairly complex - let me assure you however, that my grasp of English is fine.

With the support of the Forum members (including your good self) I've got all the basics in place and am watching FTA channels on 21 satellites now set in favourites folders etc. For the record, the set up I employed was advised to me by Stef at the shop and I was crystal clear as to cabelling solution I had (dish cable and all) and to be fair, this did the trick and everything installed ok thereafter - until this issue.

I have to say it's a fantastic piece of kit, great build quality and I suspect I'm only at the very start of the journey in terms of exploring functionality.

Thx

abu baniaz
30-03-14, 11:55
If you have scanned only FTA channels and put in bouquets, feel free to upload the bouquets in the channel list section.

To get even more out of your receiver, you should seek to add another cable.

westhammer
30-03-14, 16:22
I'm happy to change the Tuner B configeration and see what happens.

What benefit of it being set to internal loop through does it provide me with?

Rob van der Does
30-03-14, 16:30
It would allow tuner B to tune to any transponder that is in the same 'quadrant' as tuner A is tuned to (at no cost at all).