PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Silver Vix sign keeps coming on every few seconds

boysheff
29-03-14, 23:25
My solo2 has been working fine until now, am get the vix sign come up for few seconds and goes and comes non stop. I've checked the logs and most recent one says something about my metric hd. I've deleted this but still continuing. When I start enigma it seems to calm down. Straight away I try a restore it starts again

It's doing my head in as I don't want to reflash to Zeus due to issues

s1m0nw
29-03-14, 23:41
Do you have any network mount? If so check that its been mounted as autofs

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

boysheff
29-03-14, 23:55
am a noob, please elaborate

when I manage to get off the vix spinning sign, everything seems ok

boysheff
30-03-14, 00:01
just noticed when I press the blue button vix sign pops up and is spinning

Rob van der Does
30-03-14, 06:20
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

s1m0nw
30-03-14, 09:04
Have you used a network mount? Hardrive connected to box via ethernet or over the wireless home network?

boysheff
30-03-14, 10:06
S1m0nw - yes hard drive mounted to solo2 and homeplug connected,

using solo2, vix image 3.0 808

The silver vix sign has now stopped spinning, but I've noticed a couple of thinks 1) when I press on the blue button on remote the info pops up, the first line says cam info, under that is a massive list that says checking...% see attachment below. also at times the box restart it self, until I press the blue button again and the cycle begins, and takes seconds to restart, not like a minute or two to boot up.

the other thing I have noticed if I try to do a restore recent backup to see if this resolves the issue but the sliver vix sign pops up and spins.

I can watch all channels ok, epg works fine, records/zap etc, tspanel works, but no sound on anything I watch (which has started today)

mickyblueys
30-03-14, 10:11
There's your problem, tspanel, it is not fully compatible with Vix, I suggest removing it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

boysheff
30-03-14, 10:27
There's your problem, tspanel, it is not fully compatible with Vix, I suggest removing it.

ive had no issues with ts panel since having the box for a month and been working really good, until know.

judge
30-03-14, 10:31
ive had no issues with ts panel since having the box for a month and been working really good, until know.

How many support requests have you opened in the last 24 hours with little to no info & now you state you're using TSPanel...

mickyblueys
30-03-14, 10:40

But you've had issues with Vix, because they don't go together.

boysheff
30-03-14, 10:46
sorry, judge, but ive given a fair bit of info above?? I was trying to find out why vix sign was spinning and people have support

am not sure what you are trying to say mate? what is the issue in using tspanel, other people on the forum use it

Rob van der Does
30-03-14, 10:47
TS-panel overwrites system files and that does give issues; installation can't be undone.
The forum is crowded with posts about this.

boysheff
30-03-14, 10:48
for a month its been fine, until now, why would it work and then the issue to start now after a month?

Are you suggesting I remove ts panel and see if this resolves the issue?

am sorry, but am really crap when it comes to this stuff and am trying to learn.

mickyblueys
30-03-14, 10:51
Just to add, I have just arrived at my father's house he is on Vix 3 808 still also, and he now has the exact same screen shot as yourself from earlier post. He is not running tspanel and never has.

Thinking outside the box here, could It have something to do with clocks changing this morning??

boysheff
30-03-14, 10:51
TS-panel overwrites system files and that does give issues; installation can't be undone.
The forum is crowded with posts about this.

cheers mate, so if I remove ts panel, hopefully this will resolve the issue of the spinning vix image?

boysheff
30-03-14, 10:53
Just to add, I have just arrived at my father's house he is on Vix 3 808 still also, and he now has the exact same screen shot as yourself from earlier post. He is not running tspanel and never has.

Thinking outside the box here, could It have something to do with clocks changing this morning??

thank god, someone else has same issue, I know it cant be tspanel, as its been fine a for a month

this issue did start last night about 11pm

Maxwell
30-03-14, 10:54
to fully remove tspanel you need to flash from usb and do not restore plugins if asked

Rob van der Does
30-03-14, 10:56
cheers mate, so if I remove ts panel, hopefully this will resolve the issue of the spinning vix image?
As I said: you can't unistall it, as that will not bring back system files that have been removed (and may have been updated in the meantime).
What you can do is uninstall it, make a settings backup and use that during the first install wizard that shows when you flashed the box with Zeus 016.

boysheff
30-03-14, 11:02
so on the first page of this post, ive attached a screen shot, what the hell this about? this is when I press blue button??????????

mickyblueys
30-03-14, 11:05
so on the first page of this post, ive attached a screen shot, what the hell this about?

I just done a full restart on my father's box to get rid of that screen, back to normal again.

judge
30-03-14, 11:06
sorry, judge, but ive given a fair bit of info above??

this issue did start last night about 11pm

Case answered...

boysheff
30-03-14, 12:22
hi everyone thanks for your support, I seem to have fixed it, although I cant restore a backup,

mickyblueys
30-03-14, 13:20
Glad you're sorted so to speak,

mickyblueys
30-03-14, 13:24

Not sure if you have already, but i would run cache flush plugin and a swap file, these keep my two duo's running almost flawlessly, Vix spinner rarely appears in corner and if so, not for more than a few seconds.

boysheff
30-03-14, 13:43
I have to apologies humbly. what a noob I feel! in the above posts I explained that I was using tspanel, when in fact it is tsmedia, sorry folks.

ps mickeyblueyes - how to you run cache flush and swap file?

mickyblueys
30-03-14, 13:52
You get cache flush from feeds. Menu-plugins-green button

It is in extensions. Download and install. Then restart enigma. It will then appear in your plugins.

It is easy to configure, but post back if you get stuck.

Swap file, goto menu-setup-Vix-swap manager.

I would personally create it on your hdd, not to a usb if possible. Make it as big as you can 256Mb, and set it to start up automatically.

Again post back if stuck.

boysheff
30-03-14, 13:54
cheers pal am going to try later, as am going out for a couple hours, will post back what ever happens.

boysheff
30-03-14, 15:54
all done as mickeyblueye suggested. so will keep eye on this and report back in next couple of hours

boysheff
30-03-14, 16:14
just been testing and when I go in to backup manager and press restore button the vix sign pops up and spins and now stuck spinning? so am still having same problem, although tsmedia sound is back.

need to switch off and back on from back of box. looks like its a re-flash to zeus coming up, what a headache.plus the vdf says vusolo2 3.0.

mickyblueys
30-03-14, 16:20
You've lost me now, do you have a duo or a solo 2?

Rob van der Does
30-03-14, 16:32
What do you mean by 'the vdf says vusolo2 3.0. '?

boysheff
30-03-14, 17:30
sorry solo2
vdf (visual display something) the solo2 display. everything work apart from blue button, when pressed is crashes and vix sign spins. also if i try to restore an image etc is crashes and vis sign spins, although this happens, the picture and sound are fine.

when i press blue button this is what pops up

Larry-G
30-03-14, 17:33
for a month its been fine, until now, why would it work and then the issue to start now after a month?

Are you suggesting I remove ts panel and see if this resolves the issue?

am sorry, but am really crap when it comes to this stuff and am trying to learn.

It is common knowledge and has been for well over a year that TSpanel does not play nice with any Pli or OE-Alliance based image, including ViX. as rob said it overwrites system files during it's install. this affects usb / hdd and network mount points and many other parts of the image, it also makes TSPanel impossible to uninstall without reflashing the receiver. now if it has been working fine for you ao far great but it is known to cause problems hence why we recommend against using it.

mickyblueys
30-03-14, 17:34
You shouldn't need to use cache flush on a solo 2.

boysheff
30-03-14, 17:36
this was a mistake on my part, its not tspanel but tsmedia - please see 3 post up from here

Larry-G
30-03-14, 17:40
Cache flush will just cause more problems on a solo2, it is just not needed.

boysheff
30-03-14, 17:52
i don't think it has done much anyway, so will delete from plugins.

now deleted!

mickyblueys
30-03-14, 17:58
It wouldn't on a solo 2, but it would on a duo, which is the stb the thread title is about.

Rob van der Does
30-03-14, 17:59
It wouldn't on a solo 2, but it would on a duo, which is the stb the thread title is about.
Yeah, this thread has become rather confusing.

boysheff
30-03-14, 18:26
i think we are all confused:confused:

going to reflash when i have time. theres some corruption somewhere

boysheff
31-03-14, 17:01
flashed to zeus 016 and everything ok so far. it was something to do with metrix hd