PDA

View Full Version : Two video outputs?

hyperjase
29-03-14, 18:14
Is it possible to use two video outputs simultaneously? Wanting to use HDMI and Component, is this possible? Trying to get HDMI over Ethernet working and my splitter doesn't work right, my TV next to my Duo has component capabilities and this would be cheaper and easier to do versus splitting HDMI.

I'm using OpenVix, latest version.

Rob van der Does
29-03-14, 19:05
Yes you can. You can set up the two independent.

Only thing is: when using component, the scart must also be set to component.

hyperjase
29-03-14, 21:41
Great stuff!

Thanks, I'll get this checked out, then at least the HDMI can work via Cat 5 cable.

Rob van der Does
29-03-14, 21:52
Instead of HDMI over ethernet (for a bedroom TV??) you could also use a (cheap) E2 box as client. That will give the secondary TV all the freedom you can get (semi-independent of the other user).

hyperjase
30-03-14, 10:12
Instead of HDMI over ethernet (for a bedroom TV??) you could also use a (cheap) E2 box as client. That will give the secondary TV all the freedom you can get (semi-independent of the other user).
To be honest I thought it would be the cheaper way to go, I'm either in the lounge or in the bedroom, so makes sense I can use it in either. I wasn't aware of the E2 boxes, I'll check that out - they're available from WOS.co.uk?

Many thanks.

Rob van der Does
30-03-14, 10:34
Yep .

hyperjase
31-03-14, 18:52
I've managed to get the Component output working (finally not in glorious Pink!) - does Component output max 1080i? I'm using 720p but there's no resolution options so can only assume either it's max 1080i or shows as Standard Definition ... ?

Rob van der Does
31-03-14, 19:33
Component even supports 1080p.
The resolution settings are under 'Component'.