PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Incomplete EPG - tried anything - suggestions pls?

steveharman
29-03-14, 16:58
OpenVIX Zeus 16
VU Duo
CrossEPG

I get SOME EPG information in my EPG but it's mostly full of holes.

XMLTV provider is Rytec UK XMLTV
OpenTV is SkyUK OpenTV on 28.2
XEPGDB also Rytec UKXMLTV

Providers start order is

OpenTV Sky
Rytec UKXMLTV XEPGDB
Rytec UK XMLTV

I've run updates on Rytec & XEPGDB providers, downloaded multiple times, restarted E2, restarted the Duo, defragmented the EPG database and.... I'm now out of ideas. ;-)

EPG is fine for channels 1-5, then the next channel (Sky 1HD) is missing EPG data. Sky Living HD is next and that's OK, the there's a gap of six or seven channels which are all blank on the EPG - which starts to work again for one channel (BBC 4 HD) but then nothing for the following ITV 2, 3, 4 and so it goes on seemingly random.

Anyone have any suggestions I could try please?

Thanks,

Steve

judge
29-03-14, 17:08
Why are you using 3 different sources for 28.2E?

steveharman
29-03-14, 18:05
THAT is an excellent question. Should I only be using one? And should that one OpenTV Sky ?

Thanks,

Steve

steveharman
29-03-14, 18:09
OK - turned of Rytec and XEPGDB so only OpenTV Sky 28.2 remains. Now when I try a download I get an error: CrossEPG. Cannot get the NIM

Needless to say internet / LAN all fine.

Steve

judge
29-03-14, 18:13
THAT is an excellent question. Should I only be using one? And should that one OpenTV Sky ?

Thanks,

Steve

Yes, use one, whichever one you prefer.
CrossEPG - Sky UK OpenTV been working fine here for years.

OK - turned of Rytec and XEPGDB so only OpenTV Sky 28.2 remains. Now when I try a download I get an error: CrossEPG. Cannot get the NIM

Needless to say internet / LAN all fine.

Steve

It's not using internet / LAN for OpenTV Sky 28.2.
Sounds like a tuner config issue. How have you them set-up?

Rob van der Does
29-03-14, 18:59
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)