PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] VIX Logo spinning and lag

zah1d
29-03-14, 15:18
Hi all,

Firstly, I'm a newbie when it comes to the PVR world, Vu+ and Vix image, however I work in IT so I should be able to provide info on my situation (fingers crossed).

I've had the box now for approx. 3 months, ordered from this site.

For the majority of the time, I've had issues with the vix logo spinning and the menu running slow i.e. clicking the menu button takes anywhere from 15-30 seconds to appear.

I've re-flashed the box and started fresh, but I'm having the same issue.
I just installed a 1TB Western Digital hard drive last night. I also have a 16GB USB stick in the back for epg. I'm currently using a HDMI and connected to the internet via ethernet cable.
I have two LNB going into the back and have a twin tuner installed

I have no idea what I am doing wrong and for such an investment I can't help but feel slightly frustrated :( - can anyone please help me fix this?

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 15:22
Do a fresh install with the new ViX image Zeus 016.

Maxwell
29-03-14, 15:23
did you initialise the hdd ?, what are you using the usb for ?

zah1d
29-03-14, 15:25
I'm using the USB for epg
I haven't initialised the HDD since re-flashing and setting up vix. I did initialise it last night after installing it.
I didn't realise I would have to do it again?
I'll do it now

Thanks for your replies.

@Andy - where can I find the Zeus 016 image?

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 15:30
Typical tuner setup I use are;
Tuner A, Advanced, 28.2, LNB1
Tuner B, Advanced, 28.2, LNB1

When you have gone through all the setup wizard etc, Initialise your HDD in storage devices then Mount the HDD after via blue button, ViX, mount manager etc.

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 15:31
Here you go mate >> http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo2/

cactikid
29-03-14, 15:32
all in vix images above so just check it matches your model,while you say its spinning sometimes box and router need a reset/restart as that can clear bugs out,does the duo2 need a swapfile?

zah1d
29-03-14, 15:45
I rebooted the Vu+ Duo 2 via the rocker switch at the back.
The Vix logo is not there anymore and it isn't lagging. It's intermittent which is what's annoying.

My tuner setup was on simple. I've changed it to advanced with the settings you use. Images attached. 3351333514
Since both of them are set to LNB 1, I'm guessing this won't stop the ability to record another channel whilst watching another one?

I've initialised my HDD and mounted it.

Maxwell
29-03-14, 15:48
no swapfile needed with a duo2 - remove the usb and see how it is, also where do you have picons stored

zah1d
29-03-14, 15:48
Catkid - thanks for your message. What is a swapfile? I'll reboot my router now. Just seen maxwell's message.
Andy - I haven't updated to Zeus 016 yet. I'm going to do that now.
Maxwell - will do. How will this impact the box as the epg data is on the USB?

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 15:50
The Duo2 most certainly DOES NOT need a swap file!!

zah1d
29-03-14, 15:55
no swapfile needed with a duo2 - remove the usb and see how it is, also where do you have picons stored

I've removed the USB - How will this impact the box as the epg data is on the USB? I don't have any picons installed at the moment.

Maxwell
29-03-14, 15:56
its just for a test, personally I have epg on my hdd as I have timeshift permanently on so it doesnt need to wait for hdd spin up, picons should be in internal flash.
Try a different usb and format it (initialise) with the box then use it for epg.
Do you have any plugins installed

zah1d
29-03-14, 16:01
its just for a test, personally I have epg on my hdd as I have timeshift permanently on so it doesnt need to wait for hdd spin up, picons should be in internal flash.
Try a different usb and format it (initialise) with the box then use it for epg.
Do you have any plugins installed

I did have picons on USB last night but deleted them as I thought that could have been the reason.
The box was working fine last night, I go to sleep and wake up to find it is stuck on the Openvix startup screen and I couldn't do anything! I don't know why that happened after having set it all up. That's what caused me to flash the box.

If there is no issue with having epg data on my HDD then will i need a USB at all?

The only plugins I have are the ones installed by default -
CrossEPG Downloader, Firmware Upgrade, Media Scanner, Open Webif, Picture player, TranscodingSetup

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 16:03
EPG is fine on the HDD. Picons can go onto your Internal Flash. VU+ Duo2 has plenty of internal flash and memory to cope with all that. No need to use the USB in my opinion.

zah1d
29-03-14, 16:10
I've changed the epg data source to HDD, then selected download now within OpenTv and it's currently stuck on 'Loading data' with the Vix image spinning. It's been like this for a couple of minutes now :S

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 16:14
It is a Duo2 isn't it?

zah1d
29-03-14, 16:15
It is a Duo2 isn't it?

Yes. Its ok now. I restarted it, because I realised I had to restart it after changing the epg location from USB to HDD. I've also taken the USB stick out now.

The only issue I have now is not seeing folders within Favourites but I should post another thread for that I imagine.

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 16:17
When you press down are your sub folders there? i.e. Movies, Sports etc?

zah1d
29-03-14, 16:19
Update: After having rebooted my router, changed epg location, changed tuner configuration, removed usb. Thanks for advice from Andy, cact and maxwell, ty.
Vix logo isn't spinning now and menu is running ok

I will keep an eye out and let you know when it happens again and what was happening at the time when it occurred. I'm concerned with the fact that it is intermittent and the amount of times I've had to reboot the box in order to get it back to normal :(

zah1d
29-03-14, 16:20
Nope. I select Favourites (TV) (blue button) and it is empty. If I click HD Channels I can see the headings such as Sport, Movies etc.

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 16:21
A fresh install of Zeus 016 would be best with the setup we've all mentioned :D

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 16:21
Are you using ViX's own channel maker, ABM?

zah1d
29-03-14, 16:24
A fresh install of Zeus 016 would be best with the setup we've all mentioned :D

Ok mate. :) I will do now, I would rather just have it all setup just right and not have any issues. Will write a message once I've done that.

Can I just ask a question though first. I tried to install the Zeus 016 image last night but it wouldn't recognise it and just boot up normally vs. start a fresh install. But when installing the version 3.0.808 it recognised it and worked fine. This is the only reason why I didn't update it to the latest version. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo2/archives/

So my question is, should I be able to update to Zeus 016 without having to wipe the current image? Will it overwrite?

zah1d
29-03-14, 16:26
Are you using ViX's own channel maker, ABM?

Yes, SKY UK: area HTV West HD. Starting scan again. Although it doesn't matter because I'm going to install Zeus 016 as you've advised.

Maxwell
29-03-14, 16:27
808>zeus is usb flash only and will overwrite

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 16:29
When you have scanned the channels, restart enigma2 and then the channel listings should appear.

zah1d
29-03-14, 16:38
When you have scanned the channels, restart enigma2 and then the channel listings should appear.

Restarted enigma after doing the scan on ABM. It took a while to start back up.
Vix logo keeps spinning, stops for a second after a couple of seconds then starts up again.
When going to menu, epg etc, running slow and unresponsive for a little while.

Going to update now to Zeus 016. Really hoping to get this sorted today.

zah1d
29-03-14, 17:17
Installed Zeus 016
Configured tuners to advanced, LNB 1 as part of setup wizard, bypassed the scan of channels.
Performed ABM scan and completed.
Should I do automatic or blind scan? Was I supposed to scan the channels before scanning ABM?

judge
29-03-14, 17:33
Installed Zeus 016
Configured tuners to advanced, LNB 1 as part of setup wizard, bypassed the scan of channels.
Performed ABM scan and completed.
Should I do automatic or blind scan? Was I supposed to scan the channels before scanning ABM?

Just wondering why you're using advanced?
If you only have 2 feeds pointing at 28.2E, set both tuners as:

Or am I missing something here?
And no, no need to run a scan after running ABM, if this is your setup?

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 17:40
Advanced settings works for me and have helped a lot of peeps along the way.

Andy_Hazza
29-03-14, 17:41
If done correctly ABM generates the channels for you, i.e. Sky UK, Freesat etc depending on your setup.

zah1d
29-03-14, 17:49
Just wondering why you're using advanced?
If you only have 2 feeds pointing at 28.2E, set both tuners as:
Or am I missing something here?
And no, no need to run a scan after running ABM, if this is your setup?

It was recommended to set up the tuners that way by Andy.
I can't seem to view the attachment, it says invalid attachment.

judge
29-03-14, 17:56
It was recommended to set up the tuners that way by Andy.
I can't seem to view the attachment, it says invalid attachment.

Not sure why anyone would need would to set them up like that.
Attachment now fixed in above post.

zah1d
29-03-14, 19:06
Update: Done everything but install picons, it's working fine for now. Will keep you all updated.
I hope some of the fixes in this thread help others.

zah1d
29-03-14, 20:56
Started happening again about 10 minutes ago whilst watching tv.
It came up with a message saying Timeshift started (or something along those lines)
I have timeshift setting on after being on the same channel for 5 minutes.

Currently the smaller version of the Vix logo is spinning in the top left hand side of the screen.

Can anyone help? I've done everyone mentioned so far, yet it is has started happening again. The box is unresponsive now. I've pressed the record button to stop the timeshift recording but that menu hasn't come up.

Thanks for everyones help so far