PDA

View Full Version : Manual Tune in USALs Set Up

westhammer
29-03-14, 11:32
Hi,

I've installed my Duo now and pick up a range of satellites from 15W to 46E using the built in sat list. My arc & previous receiver used to allow me to pick up the 1TV Afganistan channel on the 53 E Express AM22W satellite. This was tuned using DISEQ.

My dish has been metered for the best signal but won't lock on to 53E any longer using the USALs method. Do I have to accept this as lost or can I use the box to manually search for this satellite and then manually store this satellite position.

Clearly I don't want to compromise the quality I'm getting from the many other satellites that the receiver is locked/tuned into so my question is can I tune to one satellite manually in USALs set up & store that single position without affecting the others? If so, in simple steps please, how?

Many thanks

Rob van der Does
29-03-14, 11:47
Obviously using USALS you can't store any position, as the position is being calculated.
When the dish and pole are properly aligned, all satellites will be received equally good.
Having said that: it is virtually impossible to achieve that. And any misalignment, especially in the pole not being 100% vertical, will show it's effects on the more eastern and western satellites.
This can easy be overcome, by not using USALS for those satellites. Then you can indeed store the position.

westhammer
29-03-14, 22:22
Thx Rob,

To clarify then. I reset Tuner A to Diseq and tune that satellite in manually and store. Once I've scanned the channels should I then revert the Tuner settings back to USALs?

Am I then able to watch channels from all satellites effectively a mix of USALs and Diseq or do I have to set the Tuner A in line with how the satellites were originally tuned?

Hope this is clear?

Thx

Rob van der Does
30-03-14, 06:16
You assign USALS only to those satellites that you're happy with (i.e. that are giving you a fine signal). Let's say you name that LNB1.
You don't assign USALS to those satellites for which you want to fine tune and store the position. So you can use all desired LNB numbers except LNB1 (as that is USALS). Nest is to make a note of this set up, including the numbers for the satellites stored positions.