PDA

View Full Version : Best way to transfer recordings from box to external HDD.

Drogs_1
10-11-10, 03:13
What is the best way to transfer recordings from VU+ Duo to external HDD. I have tried using file manager but it errors out saying the file is too large although the HDD is an empty 1TB. Also is there a way that status of the transfer is not kept on top of picture which you may be trying to watch at the time?

silverfox0786
10-11-10, 03:33
you best way would be to do a ftp or telnet transfer and that will not interfear with your veiwing pleasure

Drogs_1
10-11-10, 04:17
I also tried this using filezilla, but it would only allow me transfer from the box to my pc that I was connected from. It did not give me an option to transfer from the box to the attached external HDD. Is there any other software I should us, or have you a telnet command? Thanks.

pooface
10-11-10, 09:20
What is the best way to transfer recordings from VU+ Duo to external HDD. I have tried using file manager but it errors out saying the file is too large although the HDD is an empty 1TB. Also is there a way that status of the transfer is not kept on top of picture which you may be trying to watch at the time?

One thing I would ask, is what format is the hdd in? If it's a fat32 drive, then you won't be able to copy the files across... I'm not sure whether any of the images support ntfs. Therefore, if you want to access the recordings on another pc, then the only way really is via ftp. You would need to connect the external hdd to the pc, and then ftp it across that... As stated, I think the reason you're getting the file is too big is because it's a fat32 hdd you're trying to copy it over to, which has a file size limit of 4gb...

plusser
10-11-10, 11:45
I use FlashXp.
You can connect to the box in both right and left (window) panes - browse to the relevant directories (eg. /media/hdd/movie/) and simply click on the transfer icon.

+er