PDA

View Full Version : Tune Failed? Tuner A and B

casper17
28-03-14, 21:30
Having a problem with recording on the Vu+Duo box- Tuner A and tuner B are matched as follows:

BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)

Single

Sats: 28.2e eutelsat 28A & Astra 2A/2E/2F

The box records the channel ok when I stay on the channel however if I turn over the channel I turn to is black and then shows up 'tune failed'

If I go to automatic scan it shows 'Scan- Tuner A (DVB-S2)'- this leads me to think that I have done something wrong in the set up as their is no sign of tuner B?

I have one feed going into LNB 1 if this makes any difference.

Thanks for any help folks

judge
28-03-14, 21:43
I have one feed going into LNB 1 if this makes any difference.

So you don't have a feed going to each tuner?
If that's the case, set Tuner B to loopthrough.

casper17
28-03-14, 21:51
So you don't have a feed going to each tuner?
If that's the case, set Tuner B to loopthrough.

When I switched Tuner B to loopthrough in tuner configuration and came back out onto channels I now cant access most.

The 1s I can access are under no specific category either as I can access some that are not FTA and I cant access C4 for example?

casper17
28-03-14, 21:55
Just realising this was only because a program was recording.

Although I wouldnt like to be only able to watch a hand full of channels when I am recording- strange that I could have watched sly sports 1,2,4 but couldnt have watched 3?

judge
28-03-14, 21:55
Yes, that's expected if recording & you only have one feed.

casper17
28-03-14, 22:02
Yes, that's expected if recording & you only have one feed.

Ahh nightmare- cant believe people actually bring 2 feeds through just to record.

Whats the reasoning behind the specific channels Judge or does that change depending on what channel your recording?

abu baniaz
28-03-14, 22:07
The LNB can only use one frequency at a time. You can only watch what is on that particular frequency if you have only one cable from LNB.

casper17
28-03-14, 22:16
The LNB can only use one frequency at a time. You can only watch what is on that particular frequency if you have only one cable from LNB.

Why is it though I could watch sly sports 1,2 and 4 for example but not 3 is their reasoning behind that?

casper17
28-03-14, 22:20
What kind of set up do people have?

Do you just bring the main feed through to the living room and then use a splitter?

Or do they run 2 full feeds through directly from the satellite?

Larry-G
28-03-14, 22:21
Why is it though I could watch sly sports 1,2 and 4 for example but not 3 is their reasoning behind that?

Because they are all on the same frequency or transponder.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

nsw9154
28-03-14, 23:27
DO NOT use a splitter you need 2 separate cables 1 to tuner A and 1 to tuner B

Rob van der Does
29-03-14, 08:10
It's actually a bit more then that: the LNB supplies all frequencies in the same frequency band (high or low) and the same polarization (horizontal or vertical). So a looped-through tuner has all those frequencies at it's disposal.

And all services that are on the same frequency (= transponder) as the one that's being recorded will be handled by the same tuner. So one and the same tuner can and will be used for recording and showing all services on one transponder.

The fact that part of the tuning is done IN the LNB (Hi/Lo-Hor/Ver) is the very reason a splitter can't be used.

PS: If you really are limited to one feeds, you could use a Unicable LNB. Such an LNB can supply up to 4 tuners independently over just one cable.