PDA

View Full Version : Failure To Move To Correct Sat Positions

killdeer
28-03-14, 16:04
I got my TM nano oe a couple of weeks or so ago as I wanted to learn more about linux boxes and not wanting to spend too much dosh.

It came with the latest Vix image pre-installed and it wasn't too long before I started to become more than a little confused, which I was expecting anyway.

I set up its connection to the internet without too much pain but I just couldn't get the stb to send the motor to zero or to any satellite position. For example, when attempting to send it to zero, it would go to somewhere like 40east I've also got a TM 5492 which I use mainly for feedhunting and this box, working with USALS, had no problem finding correct satellite positions.

Getting really frustrated by this, I called out a local, well respected installer. He tried all he could to get the nano to behave itself but to no avail. His conclusion was that the box was faulty but before I send it back, I'd like to hear from any members, if possible, if they have had any similar experiences.

WOS appears to be closed for business today because of a planned maintenance and so I can't get any suggestions from them directly until tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

abu baniaz
28-03-14, 16:17
Can you take a screenshot of your tuner config please and upload it.

killdeer
31-03-14, 11:00
Apologies for slow response as been none too well over the weekend.

Yesterday, tried a factory reset and lo and behold, USALS was now working correctly with all satellite positions being found. Late evening, the box was then put into deep standby.:D

It was then put on this morning and everything was back to square one with it failing to find any satellites.:(

I'm really at my wits end with this box but here's a screenshot anyway of the tuner config.