PDA

View Full Version : Double check my config

rizzoface
28-03-14, 14:03
Hi all

Seeing as I'm new to all this and still learning can I just ask about how I have it wired up to ake sure I've done it right..

I have a Sky dish with single LnB with 2 feeds on it so 2 cables entering the house. I have attached these in LnB tuner inputs 1&2 on the solo2 box and set each tuner up with the defaults, so single on 28.2e Astra. So no loop through or disecq etc.

Is this the correct setup to watch one program and record another at the same time?

Second question, will I be able to add another LnB to my static dish pointing to hot bird with a single feed using this receiver even though there are two tuners? Isnthis where a disecq switch thing comes into play?

Any advice and confirmation on both these questions would be a great help and also help with me learning

Tnhanks

satmanbasil
28-03-14, 15:02
Hi

With your setup so far your able to watch one channel and record another with no problem, if you decide to add another offset lnb to your dish to receive 13 east then your only have one feed from 28east to enable you to watch and record with one feed you will have to watch a channel thats on the same transponder as the one your recording example transponder 10847 V 23000 2/3 your be able to watch BBC2HD - BBC1HD -BBC1HD North Ireland - BBC3HD - CBBCHD so you can say record BBC1HD while watching BBC2HD
To see when you add 13east to your config you will need to change the config to diseqc A/B and assign 28e and 13e as your two birds you can if you go the motorized route assign 4 A/B/C/D doing this allows you to move between the popular birds you use like mine are 28e - 19e - 13e - 1w then the receiver all auto switch to whatever bird you wish to view and you should be able to watch a channel on 13east whilst recording another on 28e.

rizzoface
28-03-14, 16:53
Thanks for info - explains a lot. I take it my solo2 is capable of everything you just said?

Also are my currents feeds setup correctly?