PDA

View Full Version : Channel breaking up

Stanman
09-11-10, 20:26
3 channels that were working fine on my box are now breaking up. The DUO is still fine and I have swapped the cable and the same 3 still break up.

Changed sat.XML just in case but no joy.

Any one have any ideas?

Larry-G
09-11-10, 20:30
how is the weather where you are ?
might sound like a ridiculous question but strong gale force winds and rain storms can have a drastic effect on signal strength.

Stanman
09-11-10, 21:19
weather is rainy but it was OK in worse weather in the past. The feed to the duo which is coming of the same dish is ok.

pooface
09-11-10, 21:21
weather is rainy but it was OK in worse weather in the past. The feed to the duo which is coming of the same dish is ok.

Did you have high winds?! Did the dish move at all?! Could be the duos tuner is slightly more sensitive?!

silverfox0786
09-11-10, 21:22
it may be the tuner or the feed happened at dads house my house the dreambox was fine all channel took it to dads and few channels missing always same lot usually was colors and that range so i cut the end of the cable at f connector and re sripped it brand new f conennector and it was fine some times natural oxidisation kills signal streangth

Stanman
09-11-10, 21:23
No dish movement as far as I can see, none of the other channels are like this. I might reimage it, .

Any recommends for a good image haver DS2 and its very nice apart from the lack of EPG.

Larry-G
09-11-10, 22:16
i have always used the Gemini project images on my DM7020. the latest version being 4.70.

Stanman
10-11-10, 21:56
I am not 110% certain its orginal and not want to risk it with Gemini.

Update - I leaned out of the window and retested the dish and it was rock solid but this time I tried the LNB and that was loose:eek::eek: it had skewed moved it back and all OK, it was too bloody cold to go up and try to tighten it:D

silverfox0786
10-11-10, 22:30
I am not 110% certain its orginal and not want to risk it with Gemini.

Update - I leaned out of the window and retested the dish and it was rock solid but this time I tried the LNB and that was loose:eek::eek: it had skewed moved it back and all OK, it was too bloody cold to go up and try to tighten it:D

i thought it was something along those lines as it happened to me too and i knew it was not the image cause it worked at mine and not dad's. glad you got it sorted

Stanman
19-11-10, 20:49
It was to good to be true, now all the channels have gone belly up. Some are sgowing agc 28% and snr 0 whilst some are showing agc 78% and snr 89% but no picture.
Any help my kid is going crazy for Dora the explorer:):)