PDA

View Full Version : Just to let you know!!!

andyblac
09-11-10, 20:07
as the title says, i thought i would just give you guys an update, if all goes well we should be releasing load of updates online tomorrow :)

here just a few that i can remember:

New QuickEPG (vix version of VirtualZap) (press long ok or arrow down) then use up/down single movement, left/right page movement (2 at time), Channel Up/Down changes listing for prev/next channel, and you can use the colour button on the events to so you can add timers, autotimers, search epg & search imdb.
Added NFS Server (needs testing)
Latest Enigma2 08-11-2010
Skin fixes (includes the disabled Channels showing incorrect)
Radio Close greenscreen.
Network Wizard references to 'Dreambox'
Tweaked Softcam Manger (that causing random green screens)
IMDb Search fixed.
Added Enable Subservice option, in VIX settings

if there is anything i have missed, please post here,

ONLY short description and your crash log, any message without a crash log will be deleted.

screenshot of QuickEPG
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3148&d=1289330620

Sicilian
09-11-10, 20:17
Test's looking good so far ;)

irishchris
10-11-10, 15:46
excellent stuff looking forward to it. well done andy all the work is appreciated. just few quick questions. the tweaking to the softcam manager - does this refer to the problem with ccam restarting when autostart is enabled? alsoi see skin fixes mentioned - are pig going to work in all skins on the vix server now? these are only minor things so no problem if they are not fixed this time as am delighted since i reflashed from usb the image had been very stable :)

silverfox0786
10-11-10, 15:47
have the online updates been released yet

Sicilian
10-11-10, 15:50

No. not yet. Also I'd advise waiting until Andy has posted saying that the updates are fully online.

rob76
10-11-10, 18:36
QuickEPG looks boss!!

great work

deckymckeown
10-11-10, 18:41
Excellent stuff, good to hear that imdb will be working too!!

Larry-G
10-11-10, 18:43

LOL some ones eager aint they ?
back on topic though. your doing a top notch job andy. when i do eventually get a VU+DUO my self theres no doubt it will be loaded with the newest VIX image.

cervot
10-11-10, 18:45
openvpn? keep up the good work.

silverfox0786
10-11-10, 19:42
LOL some ones eager aint they ?
back on topic though. your doing a top notch job andy. when i do eventually get a VU+DUO my self theres no doubt it will be loaded with the newest VIX image.

Well you know how it is when andy thows out an image or an update is a massive one and gives so much more to an already brilliant receiver. with that said i'm not pushing and am happy to wait patiently for when andy is ready.

Good work guys keep it up

On an off topic is the source code for the plugin Last.fm available. i want to learn pyton and thought i'd start with that and change it to star.fm as i listen to that alot and its not on sly

marty
11-11-10, 13:28
I know things can take time and people do have lives outside forums :) but when 'might' we expect the new updates?

BTW great image, keep up the fantastic work.

Sicilian
11-11-10, 17:08
To keep you updated, Andy is still working on this. Hopefully wont be too long now.

fulabeer
11-11-10, 18:55
On an off topic is the source code for the plugin Last.fm available. i want to learn pyton and thought i'd start with that and change it to star.fm as i listen to that alot and its not on sly

Staying "off topic" whilst we are waiting...:D

I don't suppose you know where you put your "Log-in" details in the Last FM plug-in do you?
I've loaded the plug-in, but cannot find where i put my login-in details. (all ready have a Last FM account with my Sonos system etc)

jcm193
11-11-10, 19:05
Are these updates going to be for the solo as well

Sicilian
11-11-10, 19:34
Staying "off topic" whilst we are waiting...:D

I don't suppose you know where you put your "Log-in" details in the Last FM plug-in do you?
I've loaded the plug-in, but cannot find where i put my login-in details. (all ready have a Last FM account with my Sonos system etc)

Please start a new thread.

Are these updates going to be for the solo as well

Yes they will be ;)

silverfox0786
11-11-10, 20:46
Please start a new thread.

Sorry Sic my fault i started the off topic asking wont happen again

Cha0s
12-11-10, 08:39
You guys are the best :)

andyblac
16-11-10, 18:29
nearly there, i have been going through all my code one last time, i just found an old bug that i wanted to fix ages ago, the bug where the auto cleanup of TrashCan did not work, well it does in v1.3 :D,

as for openvpn i have added the core util's for it is there a plugin that allow you to configure it , just i have never used it before ?

jjp2701
16-11-10, 18:35
so is it ready for release then andyblac tomoorow ?

Hamram
16-11-10, 18:46
...if there is anything i have missed, please post here,

ONLY short description and your crash log, any message without a crash log will be deleted.

As I don't have VIX on my STB for the moment, I can't provide any crashlog, but I think you maybe got one the other day, from another forum member..? Anyhow; is there any fix for gbox in your latest work..? If not, will it be possible to install it manually? I really look forward to test the next release whenever it is public. Thanx a lot for all you're doing for us Vu-Duo people! :smiley_yup:

basilyoung
16-11-10, 18:46
so is it ready for release then andyblac tomoorow ?

Any updated image will be ready, when it is ready, Andy has a life, outside of the "when is it ready brigade"
baz

jjp2701
16-11-10, 18:55
Any updated image will be ready, when it is ready, Andy has a life, outside of the "when is it ready brigade"
baz

only asking m8, touchy subject then ?

Larry-G
16-11-10, 18:58
only asking m8, touchy subject then ?

no it's not a touchy subject but when you end up with several dozen people constantly asking the same question it tends to get a bit annoying. after all andy is doing all this hard work on his own and for no monetary gain. it's really not much to ask for people to just be patient and wait for the release without constantly badgering for a release date.

jjp2701
16-11-10, 19:02
no it's not a touchy subject but when you end up with several dozen people constantly asking the same question it tends to get a bit annoying. after all andy is doing all this hard work on his own and for no monetary gain. it's really not much to ask for people to just be patient and wait for the release without constantly badgering for a release date.

true m8, i have only asked because was thinking about reflashing my box, and thought i might give it a go thats all, sorry andy for mithering m8, i know u r grafting hard m8 to get it right, good luck m8,

Larry-G
16-11-10, 19:10
well i have nothing to do with VIX my self thats all andy. i am just a veteran of this hobby we call satellite amongst other things, and i appreciate the time and effort that devs such as andy put into their work. as i said a little patience is always appreciated thats all.

OldSkulRide
16-11-10, 19:23
and where is new image'?

Larry-G
16-11-10, 19:26
and where is new image'?

where ever andy decides to keep it until he decides to release it ?

andyblac
16-11-10, 19:52
As I don't have VIX on my STB for the moment, I can't provide any crashlog, but I think you maybe got one the other day, from another forum member..? Anyhow; is there any fix for gbox in your latest work..? If not, will it be possible to install it manually? I really look forward to test the next release whenever it is public. Thanx a lot for all you're doing for us Vu-Duo people! :smiley_yup:

gbox should be fixed yes

fintannl
16-11-10, 19:54
to follow-up with the comment that irishchris made, is anyone aware if the cccam restarting every 30 seconds issue has been resolved or has the bug not been found yet

andyblac
16-11-10, 19:54
i think i have wrote a plugin to start/stop openvpn, can someone pm me some config files so i can test it ?

irishchris
16-11-10, 20:24
just to mention that ccam restart issue is now no longer an issue for me with autostart on now andy. well done on this alsoi

fintannl
17-11-10, 18:45
Hi, as irishchris said once autostart is enabled all works fine with cccam to a point. the problem is that if you reboot the machine with autostart enabled its back to its old tricks of restarting every 30 minutes

andyblac
18-11-10, 15:10
Hi, as irishchris said once autostart is enabled all works fine with cccam to a point. the problem is that if you reboot the machine with autostart enabled its back to its old tricks of restarting every 30 minutes

@fintannl

irishchris has a beta of the new v1.3 image, he was just telling me that it is now fixed in that :)

fintannl
18-11-10, 20:31
perfecto, thanks andy

stanley1
20-11-10, 09:50
Andy, is there a chance you could post a few screenshots of new image.