PDA

View Full Version : box office on 28.2

ultrasharp
09-11-10, 19:36
Hi guys

sorry if this has been discussed before. I got my VU+ Duo a week ago and im amzed with it to be frank. Everything about it is quality including the vix 1.2 image.

Only question i wanted to ask was im a big boxing fan and on saturday i would like to order haye v harrison but cant see the channel in my scan what it would show on. As u all know, normally you would get a previews and then shows on that channel but i cant see anything on this box.

Could somebody please enlighten me as to where it would be if i order it as dont want to spend the money and then not be able to watch it. Thanks for your time guys!!!

ultrasharp
09-11-10, 20:54
any 1 please

sorry for noobness!!

silverfox0786
09-11-10, 21:00
First thing please dont double post so quickly 1 1/2 hours is hardly a long time to wait for an answer some times it could be hours or days before a reply is received this forum is based on combined knolledge what 1 may know others may not.

The box office shows in the transponder as boxoffice it needs to be sent to your box via dbedit. usually its blank as it needs to be enabled by sky before it is in the clear [sky boxes are preveiw clear beacause they are sky boxes] linux boxes may not nessasarily be receiving the preview clear entitlement.

This is a subject that not many users have tested so getting a difinitive answer may take a while.

If you have motor setup then it is in the clear on 19E ARD

ultrasharp
09-11-10, 21:04
ok, well srry for double post and thanks

unfortunately at this time i can only recieve 28.2 so ids thee anything that i can do to fix this.

im using cccam 2.14 btw

silverfox0786
09-11-10, 21:07
best bet is find the channel it is going to show on on the actual sky box 7xx what ever it may be then keep that channel on during preveiws and try find that same channel on the vu even if it not clear on the vu the epg should give it away.

in other threads ppl have vaugly mentioned that if a box office event/movie is booked then it should become clear on the linux box too

one thing i have personally noticed is box office previews are in the clear after the midnight hours on vu

pooface
09-11-10, 21:18
Another thing I have heard, is that to order box office events, you will need to put the card back in to the sky box, even if choosing to order the event over the phone... The entitlements don't update on the sky box for box office events. Not 100% sure how true...

silverfox0786
09-11-10, 22:40
have a look at this post it will helpyou find your channel

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3621-Sky-uk-28.2-east-NEW-CHANNELS&p=26488&viewfull=1#post26488

Larry-G
10-11-10, 22:29
Another thing I have heard, is that to order box office events, you will need to put the card back in to the sky box, even if choosing to order the event over the phone... The entitlements don't update on the sky box for box office events. Not 100% sure how true...

no mate if it's in the server just leave the card there and order the fight over the phone. it will update the card within the server fine.

pooface
10-11-10, 23:12
no mate if it's in the server just leave the card there and order the fight over the phone. it will update the card within the server fine.

Cheers. Just was putting what I'd heard from someone a couple of months back when they ordered a fight or wwe or summat...

Larry-G
10-11-10, 23:22
Cheers. Just was putting what I'd heard from someone a couple of months back when they ordered a fight or wwe or summat...
without going into too much details so i dont breach site rules
for the magnificent 7 fight a few weeks back, a few of us clubbed together for the fight on two different "mate run servers".
one server updated fine as it was left alone. the second had the card put back into the sky box and ordered via the box it self. this one didnt work at all in the server but was on in the sky box, untill the server host phoned sky directly with the card in the server.

silverfox0786
11-11-10, 00:08
so what your saying phoenix is when ordering box office if you want it to play on the linux box then it must be left alone on the linux box and booked via calling the box office booking number. If put back into the sky box and booked then that is the only place it will play

Larry-G
11-11-10, 00:10
i'm not a expert on CS networks i'm just giving my personal experience of what happened to a few of us when we ordered the magnificent 7 fight a few weeks ago as a test.

the server that was left alone and ordered over the phone was fine. the one that was ordered via the sky box just didnt work properly untill it was ordered the same as the other. maybe other people have had other experiences but those are mine.

silverfox0786
11-11-10, 00:19
ok i see what your saying and i understand i reckon its just acase of seeing what happens when i myself try it

ultrasharp
12-11-10, 16:57
Right, all ordered.

only problem is i still am unable to find SBO hd 1 channels on my vix image

Im a real noob at this sorta of stuff so can anybody help point me in the right direction. Some one has posted a few frequencies but unless im doing someat wrong it dont help

Thanks agin in advance!!

silverfox0786
12-11-10, 17:08
the box office channels are all a muddle at moment and need reworking B16MCC did do it but it still is not right. also they are not always in the clear so its hard to determain which is which

Larry-G
12-11-10, 17:13
at the moment no packs are really upto date with the sky box office channels as sky keep changing them around. B16MCC did release a update on 10.11.10 to correct some of the changes but sky has since done more, he has said he will be releasing one more pack before the fight to correct the changes sky made this week, so as soon as i have them i'll post them here.

ultrasharp
13-11-10, 09:05
Thanks Phoenix. Will really apreciate that sir.

Just one question when they do come out, whats easiest way to send them to my box. I know how to use dreambox control centre if i can use that :)
Any other way i have no idea but willing to learn.

Larry-G
13-11-10, 09:22
so far he has not released any new files but he did say that he was going to release a new pack before the fight tonight. as soon as that happens i will upload them here.

as for getting them onto your box. you need to use a programme called DreamboxEdit.

Stanman
13-11-10, 12:34
Tutorial here.
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

ultrasharp
13-11-10, 17:15
Just wondering guys, is there any sign of the latest b16mcc files, times getting nearer the fight and im getting a little panicky.

Thanks as always for help and info

Larry-G
13-11-10, 17:18
as of yet there has been no new release. he did release a update to his services database and front end software this last night / this morning. the updates to this allow you to generate your own bouquet with the correct box office channels.

Larry-G
13-11-10, 17:23
just to point out for those wondering about the boxoffice channels for tonight.
if your ordering the fight for HD those channels have not changed and will be correct in the pack that was released on 10.11.10. sky have only changed the frequencies around for some of the SD channels.

irishchris
13-11-10, 17:39
i know it is not ideal as not in english but if you want it in HD and FREE then it is on FTA on 19.2 east on:

Ard Das Erste HD 11362 H 22000 2/3
Ard Das Erste SD 11836 H 27500 3/4

ENJOY GUYS

satsatsat
13-11-10, 18:54
and also bear in mind that on 8w last time the maginifcant 7 was fta

pooface
13-11-10, 22:54
As was stated, fight showing fine on the sbo hd1 channel no problems...

Just waiting for the fight to start now :D

silverfox0786
13-11-10, 22:55
some one tape it for me lol

pooface
13-11-10, 23:18
Well, first round not very interesting :p Second starting just as bad, hehe...

[edit]
oooooh, haye starting to go for it...

silverfox0786
13-11-10, 23:22
Well, first round not very interesting :p Second starting just as bad, hehe...

[edit]
oooooh, haye starting to go for it...

Well atleast i got some running commentory

pooface
13-11-10, 23:23
First knockdown to harrison in round 3...

All over now... Haye won

Ref stopped it... Hardly any punches by harrison...

silverfox0786
13-11-10, 23:26
glad i didnt buy now not worth the £14.99 tag by SBOHD

pooface
13-11-10, 23:27
glad i didnt buy now not worth the £14.99 tag by SBOHD

Yup, I know. Missus was asking me how long it'd last, I told her about 6 minutes... Wasn't far out :D hehe

7min 53sec was total fight time, won by technical knockout apparantly... :p

Larry-G
13-11-10, 23:28
harrison has always been pap. bloke could not fight his way out of a paper bag. way way way too over hyped.

glad i watched it on FTA and didnt pay for it.

pooface
13-11-10, 23:31
harrison has always been pap. bloke could not fight his way out of a paper bag. way way way too over hyped.

Yup, looked to just fall over. Personally, I think he just fell down purposefully on the first "knockout", as wanted a bit of time, and hoping that haye would leave him... But nope :p

Larry-G
13-11-10, 23:34
iv'e never rated him mate. most of his fights were pathetic. since the day he reached fame with the Olympics his management has consistently put him up against rubbish opponents giving Harrison a massive ego and little else.

basilyoung
13-11-10, 23:41
yep, thank goodness for the hobby,

over rated, hyped up by ruppies lot, good pay day for them

baz

Maxwell
13-11-10, 23:51

Couldn't agree more Harrison has never ever been a contender

Stanman
14-11-10, 10:48
The Pacman fight was the one to watch,lucky I fell asleep on the sofa.

The guy is phenomenal, Margarito was make to look very ordinary.

The problem with Harrison is he has no heart, it was a shockingly crap performance and why the hell he was given a title shot beggars belief.

Maxwell
14-11-10, 13:30
The Pacman fight was the one to watch,lucky I fell asleep on the sofa.

The guy is phenomenal, Margarito was make to look very ordinary.

The problem with Harrison is he has no heart, it was a shockingly crap performance and why the hell he was given a title shot beggars belief.

Not just no heart, as pointed out by my wife he was scared to death when that bell went. As for a title shot that was purely money as his name is known even if he is crap, someone with an interest in PPV had a big hand it that
He has been an embarrassment to British boxing since he went pro and I bet the USA boxing fraternity were laughing like drains last night if thats the best Britain can do.

Was worth watching tho just for Frank Bruno's comments :D

Larry-G
14-11-10, 13:53
yeah lol. although the only other fight i remember being that bad was bruno's last fight funnily enough.

ultrasharp
14-11-10, 22:09
Guys

Big thanks for all the info to help me not waste 14.99 and watch the boxing.
I ordered it on original box then changed card to vu and all worked peachy. Only thing that started looking dodgy was when they showed u the sky box office logo
with the people it went off for about 2 minutes.
I was just about to ring sky when it cleared with np at all.
That btw was using b16mcc 10.11.10 boquet.

Dispatches
28-01-16, 18:54
Hi. I'm dragging this back up �� so I have been using my duo for ages but have never looked at box office. Pleasantly surprised to see sports box office event working but all the other box office channels were blank bar the free trailers with nothing listed in the epg. Is box office no use for films or is there something else I need to do.

Many thanks

Andy_Hazza
28-01-16, 22:30
You are obviously card sharing? Tut Tut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dispatches
30-01-16, 00:13
I think the answer is box office for films is no good now. Not much info out there but from my searching it seems a dud. Hope this helps others with a similar query.